Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Tuesday's meandering thoughts~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, October 27, 2020  sunny, cool fall day 70's

I have no legitimate reason for not blogging, but have plenty of excuses, i.e.; limited time, to many projects going on, but most important is, I just haven't felt like it. My blog is not political, but I am very patriotic, and love this country so much,especially  since having had a father that served this country for over twenty yrs. so that I can keep on enjoying freedom.

I have prayed many prayers for this country and all the divisiveness that is turning family,and friends away from each other. It used to be that we could all agree to disagree while being  civil toward one another! I only hope and pray that this will soon be resolved.

 I am so thankful I have never seen this here in Bogland, as I have always felt so much love, understanding and just plain caring for one another. Bogland is a neighborhood that welcomed me many years ago, has understood, and accepted me for just being me. I am so thankful for the friendships I have made, and for all that I have gleaned from you, you have no idea how often I think of you and appreciate you so much.

💗💙💚💛

Now, here are a few things I have been busy with, my spring green beans did not do well, but the fall garden is flourishing,

 I am so thankful, for God's many blessings.

 I use a lot of green beans, I had ten pints, 7quarts! 

The squash did well too, here they  are ready for the pressure canner.


as are the peppers. I froze the green peppers, the hot peppers are air drying




A major project that is almost completed, is the herb garden, the outdoor shower, and my potting shed. It was on hold for two years, I guess having a lock down can have some positive effects.Remember when life gives you lemons,don't just make lemonade, MAKE CHERRY LEMONADE.  😄😅😌 I am already making plans for my refurbished herb garden for nest year.

Here is the before photo, what a mess it was, I can hardly wait to show the finished project. Imagine having to sand each board before painting.



I will show the finished project hopefully real soon, this was such a major undertaking, it has taken about six weeks.We are so delighted at how everything turned out just a few more touches. Stay tuned.

Hope you are having a great week

Love and hugs from me,

Sue


15 comments:

Sandi said...

Cherry lemonade sounds good right about now!

Martha said...

I have actually seen quite a bit of ugliness out in the blogsphere, it's always on blogs that post a lot of political stuff. It really is insane how divided our country is now but then again we've never had a president before who has intentionally encouraged it. On the bright side, your garden is amazing!

ellen b. said...

You are such a hard working couple...an inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor. Hang in there Sue. God is on His throne and whatever we have to go through He'll be with us and He will hold us fast!

Vee said...

It is always fun to visit here and see what is being put up and all the projects you have going. Laurel was telling me about the "best green beans" she had ever had. Something about a butter sauce and crumbled bacon. Yup, that did sound good. However, the beans need to be good as well. I don't think those from a can would quite do it.

Totally agree about civility and manners. I'd like to see both make a comeback.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Your green beans look so wonderful! I wish I could come eat some right now...raw and fresh from the garden! It would be so wonderful to have a nice garden and do all that canning, etc., especially to reap the rewards in the winter with such delicious food! Thank you for showing us that it can still be done!! I've just never learned how, and we moved so often when we were younger that we never had time to plant a garden and reap the harvest. I tried a few times, but ended up leaving it for someone else to eat...so I gave up on that project! Now I'm too "old" to learn a new trick! LOL. Enjoy your wonderful vegetables for me!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see the current picture! And your bean garden is so vibrant and healthy looking!!

happyone said...

I've never had cherry lemonade but it sure sounds good.
The things you do in your kitchen are amazing!!
I've always loved your herb garden and look forward to seeing it all spruced up.

Linda said...

I agree with you! It seems in the Land of Blog most of the time we all stay on friendly terms. I have noticed some rude comments from Canadians from time to time. ?? Why, I wonder? Perhaps we tend to gather friends with hearts similar to our own. Kind, perhaps? Tactful? Manners are important. No, we don't all agree politically......but we can still be kind to one another - and we do, for the most part.

Now, I am impressed with your canning and all the awesome things you are doing. My favorite thing is your kitchen!!v Love that you have two lamps on either side of your aesome farmstyle sink!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better! I do believe we are kindred spirits!

Theresa said...

Just keep blogging, just keep blogging... that's what I tell myself. Lots of bloggers give it up but I just can't. It is my journal and I still enjoy it. The politics of this world and the way it divides us is disturbing. I love everyone no matter who they support and that's how it should be. Praying for our Country and our leaders. I envy you for all of that canning of yumminess. My Mama always did the same when I was growing up. Beautiful hard work. Enjoy your day and I can't wait to see the AFTER pics:) HUGS!

Billie Jo said...

Hello, Sweet Friend. Please do keep blogging. I am always happy when I visit you here. So much yuck going on around us, I look forward to the sunshine here! Hugs! And your kitchen is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you, Sweet Sue. I understand completely! Love seeing your garden abundance and preparations! xo

CHERI said...

My goodness! You have been a busy bee! I really wish I had learned to can things when I was younger...too old to want to learn now (LOL!) My husband's grandmother always did and he would love it if I had been more of a farm wife like she was:) Oh how I know what you mean about our country and the awful times we have been going through. Never in my worst dreams would I have ever thought we would see and hear what is going on these days. I fear what's ahead, but have been praying diligently that God's will be done. I fear for my grandchildren and what their future might be. I am looking forward to the end of 2020 and am praying, wishing, hoping...and keeping all fingers and toes crossed...that 2021 will be a much better year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am tired of politic too...and all the mud slinging. It will soon be over one way or the other. Look at all those beautiful beans!! You have been busy!

Gloria said...

Hello Sue, I have been meaning to stop in to meet you since you stopped by my blog a while back. Like you I haven't really been on line all that often lately for a myriad of reasons. This is a lovely place and I hope to visit again. I imagine you have put your garden to bed since this last posting. The election is past us but the pandemic is not. Even so there is still much to be grateful for and we look to the Lord who gives us hope in the midst of crisis. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

LORI HIRST said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.