Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Tis' the Season.. of Giving

Written by Sue, Wednesday, Dec.16, 2020  rain cold, 40's

 Trying to write a post that is not too long while being absent from blogging is quite a task, so I thought I would give an update on one of my favorite people, my Mother, and what she has been up to during this pandemic lockdown.


She has been baking up a storm, most times when I call she is in the kitchen baking cakes, cookies,pies, or complete meals for  shut-ins, or busy hand sewing. Have I  mentioned that she is 92 soon to be 93? 
 Since the beginning of the pandemic she bakes and gives cookies once a month  for a local police precinct in our town.


 Dh and I stopped by last week to pick up stockings she had cut, hand sown and decorated for us to fill with goodies for a nursing facility. 


 I always like to take a photo of her before we leave, as I was about to take the photo she picked up a medal and showed it to us,

 it was a commendation from the law enforcement, when given this badge/medal she was told that the medals are not given to just anyone, but to special people who have done special things. She was so proud of her medal, but also told us, and I quote,"I don't do things for recognition, this was so sweet of them." See that box of cookies, she asked us to deliver it to a shut-in on our way home.

Now back to the stockings, she had been working on them all through the summer, our daughter, Susan, donated the money for the goodies, Mr P. and I shopped for the items for the stockings as well as filled them.


We then delivered them to a minister's family who delivered them to the nursing facility! Sounds like a lot of delivering doesn't it, I am happy to say they got to their destination safe and sound. While filling these stockings, looking at all the intricate details, I  thought about all the hours she had spent on each one, and knowing Mother she was praying over the recipient. 

we filled 37 stockings.

This really is the season of giving as we celebrate the most precious gift ever given to mankind, 

Luke 2:11~ "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

Blessings,

Sue



15 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh Sue, your mom knows what's important about living life with our Lord and Savior. It is better to give than to receive. God bless your dear mom and you, too for delivering her love made gifts for so many. What a great example she is to you and others.

Anonymous said...

Sue, your mother is a treasure! She is beautiful inside and out. Thank you for such an encouraging post of your dear mother who is a godly example to all of us. xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That brings tears to my eyes! She is a beautiful woman and deserves ALL of the medals out there! What a blessing she is to so many and an inspiration to us all! And she is beautiful...I know I said that already but it's to true! Give her hugs from all of us and our thanks. She's what makes America great...and women especially! holiday hugs!

Buttercup said...

So enjoyed seeing all of your mother's creations. She's really filled this time with good works and I know her baking is delicious. Happy and healthy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your mom is amazing, and knows the true spirit of Christmas!! AND she does not look NEAR as old as she is!

Vee said...

What a dynamo! Your dear mother is a blessing and an inspiration. God bless her!

Sandi said...

This post made me smile. Thanks.

happyone said...

Your mom is such a blessing to so many people. What a great testimony.
Glad that she was recognized for her charitable works. Age sure doesn't stop her - good for her - an inspiration.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful mum you have, Sue! Not only is she a blessing to your family but to so many other people. What a great testimony to her age and abilities. xo Diana

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a blessing her gifts will be! :)

Christine said...

What an inspiration!!
I know I've said this before, but I want to be just like her! From her impeccably styled hair, down to her darling santa slippers (or shoes).
I can't believe her energy to make and share!!!! Wonderful example for all of us.
Merry Christmas Sue, to you and everyone in your family!

CHERI said...

Sorry I'm just now seeing this...I've been absent from Blogland! Your mother is just beautiful...inside and out...and sure doesn't look her 92 years. (Hope you got some of those good genes:) My mother is also 92 and still lives alone although not in the best of health these days. But she's determined to live out her life in her home and I pray she will be able to do so. Hoping you and yours had a lovely Christmas Day today...thankfully we were able to have our usual family breakfast and gift unwrapping with son, DIL, and two grands...I am so blessed! Wishing you a very blessed New Year! We sure could use it, couldn't we?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a beautiful woman.....

Gentle hugs to her....

Vee said...

Peeking in...way too quiet or way too busy down here. 🌷

Beside a babbling brook... said...

April 25th

Ahhhh, here is your lovely Mama!

I have seen her before, but then, forgot on which blog.

What an inspiration she is. I am "only" 84. -smile- And look at her, at 94! Gorgeous! Active! So classy looking.

Please tell her, that I have told you, what a lovely inspiration she is.

Oh and.... My Icon! "Vera" from the British tv series. I love this character, and the actress who plays her. But! She is not my inspiration, of how to "LOOK"!!!! Just wanted to say this. -smile-

Gentle hugs,
'Beside a babbling brook' blog
💛🌼🌻🌼💛