Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Moving on~ Happy New Year to Everyone

Written by Sue, Monday January 4th, 2021,       sunny cool, temps. low 50's

 Its time to say 'good bye',  oh no, not to you dear Friends, but to all the Christmas decorations. As I write this note, our Frasier Fir, has become so aromatic, and that means it is drying out. It is called my memory tree, most decoration are homemade from kids and grandkids over many years,many years, bubbling lights and tinsel make it even older.

Even with all the lockdowns and restrictions I can honestly say this has been one of the most enjoyable Christmas' in lots of ways except for not having family  gatherings, which I missed the most! But we made the  most of what we had.

Each morning as Dh and I awoke we would turn on the Christmas trees,(yes I said trees, we had 6), enjoy our coffee time with devotions,



 and make plans for the day! There was no rushing to the mall to buy gifts, not a lot of baking to do, just keeping an eye on the ewes as they were beginning to lamb. 

We always have a Christmas baby, as a matter of fact we had 5 born Christmas Day. Our total so far is 25 with more to come.

The weather has cooperated for camp fires,  warm but cool enough to have bon-fires, three last week, the full moon made it even more special.

Yesterday as I finished taking the foyer tree/decorations down, I decided to move one of my new trees from the dining room, it was my bird tree just birds. 

to the foyer to decorate for Valentine's Day,  perfect for adding Valentine's Day decorations, after all Valentine's Day will soon be here. I am still tweaking this area, not completely satisfied yet. 😕😉

Bunny says "to a sweet little Miss", 


Wishing all of my Friends, 
a very Happy New Year,
Blessings,
 Sue


19 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hello dear Sue! Your home looked so festive for Christmas. Love the idea of keeping that tree for Valentine's day. Those bonfires look great. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Sandi said...

Happy New Year!

Vee said...

Your beautiful home looks lovely all the time, but especially so at Christmastime. I am glad that you are repurposing a Christmas tree for future decor.

It charms me that you have so many new little lambs this Christmastime, even one born on Christmas Day. Hope that you have all good mothers so that your work load is reduced.

A blessed New Year...

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh MY, your dining room is GORGEOUS!! And so are your trees. You really have a gift for decorating!! The two of us had a nice Christmas as well. No rushing around, and being able to take things slowly and quietly.

Christine said...

You and DH are an inspiration, from decorating to growing bring new life into the world! I’ve said this before but here I go again, I want to be your neighbor!
Love visiting The Farm!

happyone said...

Sounds like a lovely peaceful Christmas. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Happy New Year! Your trees are just beautiful, I can see why it's hard to take them down. I took my trees down on Saturday, it's always a sad day for me, but good at the same time. I love being able to clean everything up and start fresh. We didn't celebrate with family this year either...kind of sad, we tried to talk to all of them one way or another. Your Valentines tree is beautiful!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
What a lovely post this afternoon, my friend.
Your home was and is absolutely beautiful and cozy, and I can imagine enjoying lovely days there. Have a cozy day from chilly Pennsylvania. : )

Theresa said...

Oh what a breath of fresh air! This post made me smile! LOVE the Valentine tree! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

CHERI said...

And I thought I had a lot of trees with 4!!! Yours are beautiful and I like the idea of the Valentine Tree:) I decorated my tiered tray today for Valentines...so much fun. Your home is just lovely! And those precious lambs. Wish I could come visit them! Happy New Year, sweet lady!

Cheryl said...

Your home looks beautiful decorated for Christmas! I love hearing about your six trees because I think it's good to celebrate even when things are different. The coming of our Savior is worthy of celebrating with our whole hearts . . . no matter the number of people in our home. And FIVE Christmas lambs is certainly a sweet bonus! Precious!

Happy New Year to you and yours, Sue! (I am just getting back into the swing of things after a long, wonderful visit with Kati and her family for which we are incredibly grateful!)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a beautifully decorated home!!!!!!!!!!

So lovely...

We don't do as much anymore, but I have not wanted to take the tree down, or change the mantle, yet.

Some time, I will be ready. -smile-

peace maker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Love your lil ewes, they are adorable and I bet a lot of fun to watch.
Your Valentines tree is so cute too. Glad to hear yall are doing well and
had a different yet very good Christmas....us too!
Always nice to see you post.....
Really enjoyed reading the post about your dear Mother, she is quite a lady and I can tell you are very proud of her, as I am sure she is of you too.
I would never guess she is soon to be 93....amazing! She is adorable!
Well, you take care
Love and blessings, Nellie

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Sue!
It's been a bit. We have retired and moved back home to a little place in the country. I plan to get back in touch with all my blog friends. I am glad to see you are doing well.

Leslie said...

Love your valentines tree.. I saved a tree for valentines also, it helps brighten the place up. Your house and christmas decor looked lovely.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Sue, thanks for stopping by, so good to hear from you. Your Cmas decor looks absolutely gorgeous. I put up our tree and very little of anything else. Just did not want to as I love all of my regular decor and didn't want to take it down. Wishing you a joyfilled weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Thank you Sue, for your comment on my blog.

You have such a lovely blog, I do hope you will return to blogging!!!!! We don't have to do a big post, every day. Just what we have been thinking, or reading, or doing, even though what we 'do', is not *exciting* or *big* or such. -smile-

I'm sure you would have something to chat about, most days, if you think about it. To chat about, in Pretty Blog Land.

Please do.....

Please share your lovely blog, more often...

Gentle hugs,
💛🌼🌻🌼💛

News said...

Meanwhile, Snoop also claims Dr. Dre is working on songs for the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto series.

Army of Thieves