Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

New year~ Wednesday Hodgepodge~

 Written by Sue,Tuesday, January 4, 2022,  sunny, to cold for me. ~wink~, 40's

Today I am joining Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce, from across the pond! Thank you Joyce for hosting.

From this Side of the Pond

Q.1. Share one happy/memory from the holiday season!

A.Wow! There were so  many happy memories that have been tucked away in my heart!  Our family celebrated Thanksgiving by having a fish fry with many loved ones present! Our weather has been extremely warm so we were able to have our gathering outside, lots of great food , fellowship, with great conversations. 




Q. 
2.Lets be reasonable with our expectations going into this new year,k? What is one thing you would like to accomplish/improve/complete/do in 2022?

A. Accomplish~I would like to be consistent in my walking/exercise, healthy eating!

Improve~ reading more, less news watching.

Complete~ our porch project.

Do~We were gifted with a devotional by Dr. David Jeremiah, titled, Everyday with Jesus. In the introduction Dr Jeremiah encouraged us to look at the new year with the certainty of God's faithfulness, instead of yielding to the uncertainty of what last year was like! I am challenged to spend more time with Jesus studying His word and applying it to my life, In other words "to be more like him"

Q.3. Every January 1st (since 1976) Lake Superior University has published a list of words banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness(go here to read more about how the words are chosen). Here are the words/ phrases they'd like to see banished in 2022~

 wait, what?~no worries~at the end of the day~ that being said~ asking for a friend~circle back~ deep dive~ a new normal~ you're on mute~ supply chain.

Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add? 

A. Wait, what, supply chain and a few others, definitely not circle back!

Circle back, needs to be banished, because that tells me you are trying to avoid the question that you already know the answer to!

Q.4. Best thing you ate in the month of December? 

My dh and family  would  say it's a new cookie recipe I invented, actually there were  two, for me it was turnip roots with greens that we grew, along with my special cornbread! I guess this really qualifies me as a southern, country girl! 

5. January 5th is National Bird Day. Are you a bird lover? What's your favorite bird to see in the wild? Choose a phrase from the list that follows and tell us how it relates to your life currently...eat like a bird, bird's eye view, early bird, bird-brained, free as a bird, or a little bird told me or kill two birds with one stone.

A.5.We are indeed bird lovers, and have many bird feeders here at the farm! Our  favorite birds are the cardinal and blue bird.

Early bird fits me, being  a farmer's wife I was always up early, I especially enjoy getting up before day for quiet time.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We have been taking care of this cute little fella (Zeke) for over a week while his family was vacationing! Actually he is the one who had a vacation!~wink~

I haven't blogged in a while, and  I have so many things I would like to share, but it would take so much time and space, however, I  enjoy blogging more than any social media, my  goal is to reconnect and make new friends here in Bogland.

 There is one thing for sure, life goes on, no matter what, time waits for no one,  nothing stays the same, except Jesus, He is always so ever faithful, watching over us, leading and guiding our lives!  

Another goal this new year is to continue memorizing Bible verses, Dh and I started this a few year ago, it has been one of the most rewarding things we have ever done. 

May your new year be filled

 with many blessing,

 great health, 

much joy,

  peace,

 and

 happiness!

💗💚💛

Sue


P.S. I have been having lots of issues with blogger,it has taken me two days  to work on this post, I can't edit any gadgets, and have tried everything possible. I am going to probably delete the blog and reinstate it, if  that doesn't work will delete forever, and start a new blog. You might come by and my blog is no longer here! I will somehow find a way!

If anyone knows how I can edit, remove any gadget please help/







26 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

I appreciate what you said about how life goes on, no matter how bad things get. I'm currently stressing so that helped!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Those cookies look so good! And Zeke is adorable. I hadn't even known some of these phrases were a thing! Good to see you back!

happyone said...

I don't say any of the phrases mentioned in number 3.
This year I'm reading the Bible in chronological order instead of from one end to the other.
Those cookies sure look good.

Vee said...

oh don't delete the blog...even if you wish to continue elsewhere, you have poured a great deal of yourself into this one. I can't get mine to work right either. Some fine morning, it will have worked itself out. Glad to find you here! Glad that you had a good Thanksgiving and, presumably, Christmas, too.

The cookies sound great...cornbread and greens...sounds healthful, but not delicious. 😄

living from glory to glory said...

Happy New Year! Don’t delete your blog!! Contact Life and Linda’s Blog she is amazing in what she does with blog problems! She is very reasonable also!

ellen b. said...

Good to see a post from you dear lady! Love your new header! Your family fish fry sounded so nice. Glad you could gather and enjoy each other. Your new devotional sounds good. I started a new one by Alistair Begg this year. It's good. Happy New Year.

Wendy said...

Nice to meet you and thanks for your visit. Lots of us seem to want to get more into blogging this year. I had problems with blogger but found if I used a different browser some of them sorted themselves out. (E.g it seems to work better on Microsoft Edge than Firefox) but if you really can't get to grips with it and want to start afresh I would suggest leaving this blog as it is and having a link to your new blog home so that people will be able to find you.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Happy New Year, Sue!

Thanks for stopping by my little niche. It was a joy to read through your answers getting better acquainted with you. Blogger always has issues and you're not the first person to voice it. If you like this blog, just keep at it, you'll get the bugs worked out. I have worked on blogger and am happy to help if I can. To edit/delete gadgets, you'll find that under the LAYOUT tab. Have you looked there? You can also add gadgets from there, too. Let me know if I can be of any assistance, I'll give it my best shot!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh, don't Delete this blog!!!!!!!!! Just change your Comments, to No Comments. And it will still be here, to look at.

If you have to make a new one, do so.

But you don't have to Delete this one. I have done this for "millions" of blogs. lol

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Since I kept blogging, during the change over, from Old Blogger, to New Blogger, I have managed to figure out the changes. Unless you can find someone to guide you, privately, you may have to make a new blog, and begin, learning.

NOT THAT HARD! Please do not be put off! Not that hard to learn.

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I really hope you will do what ever you need to do, to continue blogging.

And.... May I be so bold... As to suggest..... Do short blogs, more frequently. They are more doable. And more readable, by your Dear Readers.

Please don't take offense, at that. I am just old and tend to speak my mind. <---Not necessarily the best plan, but... Like I said... I am old. -grin-

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I wish you success with your goals. Way to go on the new recipes. What a cute dog. Sorry about the issues you have had with your blog.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Some time ago, you showed pics of your beautiful Dear Mama. Such a *classy dame*, as the old saying goes. -smile-

Would love it, if you would do another blog entry on her. Please and thank you.

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Joyce said...

I definitely enjoy blogging more than social media. I think I have too many words for a 'quick post' lol. Your farmhouse is lovely! And a fish fry sounds like fun. We had an oyster roast with two neighbors and that was really tasty. I forgot about it when I answered the question today. Here's to more blogging in 2022! Happy new year!

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
I agree, I enjoy blogging more than social media.
I am excited that you will be blogging more often in 2022.. I love reading your posts.
Happy New Year!!

Carla from The River said...

P.S.
LOVE what you said about Circle back... ;-)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Such great answers Sue and such a joy for me to stop by. I use Life with Linda to assist me with Blogger and she does my blog design as well. She's a smart cookie for sure.

Blessings abundant for 2022!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog so that I could meet a new blogger friend. I was having the same issues with blogger and finally had my designer do a whole new one for me. I use the same designer as Lea, who commented above, and we both are extremely pleased with her creativity and assistance when anything goes crazy.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Life always goes on. We do the best we can and look forward. Such a sweet fur baby.
Hang in there and I shall try to help you regarding the Blogger issues. My Fairy Blog Mother

CHERI said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! Those cookies look divine! I too can't work with some things on Blogger right now and I can't figure it out. They sure can mess things up sometimes. Thank you so much for dropping by my latest post...I was afraid nobody would see it since I've been gone for so long! I can tell you and I have a lot in common...wish you lived close by and we'd enjoy cookies & turnips together:) Happy New Year!

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. I love cardinals too. Fish fry sounds wonderful. I LOVE fish and all things Seafood.

riya patel said...

I think you have written this content very thoughtfully, and it is great that every person has some skill in life and you also have a skill, using which you write a beautiful post. I am very happy to see your post, hope you will keep writing such posts in life. you are the best post writer. College Girl Gurugram
newly married Girls Bhiwadi
VIP girl mahipalpur
gurugram girl number
college girl aerocity
Gurugram Girl Phone Number
Cheap price girls gurgaon
low price girls sector 29
gurugram Girl phone number

elvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elvis said...

I really enjoyed this article

(link text).