Written by Sue, Thursday, October 14, 2021 sunny, warm 80's nice fall day
I am joining Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce, When I read the questions, I just couldn't resist! Thank you Joyce for hosting!
1. What obligation do you believe you have to your country?
To honor, respect and obey the laws of this country! So many people have paid such a hight price for me to have many freedoms! To them and their families I say, "Thank you" a million times over for your sacrifices!
2. October 12 is National Farmers Day? Do you know any farmers?
Why yes, I do, we are farmers, we have farmed most of our married life and have grown just about any kind of vegetable, grain, and livestock.
What do they farm/grow/raise? We are now semi-retired, we raise hair sheep, known as Katahdin originated from the great state of Maine.
Are there any farm stands where you live?
Yes there are! We also like to visit our state farmers market!
Do you shop there?
We shop what we don't grow, but most vegetables we grow on the farm! I do a lot of preserving our own food!
3. What's a skill you think everyone should have?
Tell us why? Communication is so valuable in relationships, especially in a marriage! I was so blessed in having been reared in a home where my parents thought being able to communicate with each other was so important! Our dinner time was so important to my father, he always made sure things we were doing were important enough to talk about and discuss. He was such a great communicator, One whom I adored so much.
4. Favorite thing you've purchased this year? Not to many things were bought this year other than necessities,
5. What's your favorite place to visit in the fall? We enjoy taking rides to see how everyone decorated their homes/yards for fall! This is what you see when you enter through our farm gate!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The past two years have been trying times for all, especially last year during the covid19 epidemic, I am so thankful that families are once again getting together and making memories, this past weekend we celebrated a very special milestone birthday with our family and friends, it was so good to be able to fellowship and share good food! No worry everyone either had been vaccinated or had recovered from covid!
Here is the birthday girl!
As usual, I am late to the party, but as they say "better late than never"!
Many thanks to Joyce for hosting!