Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Wednesday Hodgepodge~ returning to normal

Written by Sue, Thursday, October 14, 2021   sunny, warm 80's nice fall day 


From this Side of the Pond

I am joining Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce, When I read the questions, I just couldn't resist! Thank you Joyce for hosting!


1. What obligation do you believe you have to your country?  

To honor, respect and obey the laws of this country! So many people have paid such a hight price  for me to have many  freedoms! To them and their families I say, "Thank you" a million times over for your sacrifices!

2. October 12 is National Farmers Day? Do you know any farmers? 

Why yes, I do, we are farmers, we have farmed  most of our married life and have grown just about any kind of vegetable, grain, and livestock.

What do they farm/grow/raise? We are now semi-retired,  we raise hair sheep, known as Katahdin originated from the great state of Maine.



  Are there any farm stands where you live?

 Yes there are! We also like to visit our state farmers market!

 Do you shop there? 

We shop what we don't grow, but most vegetables we grow on the farm! I do a lot of preserving our own food!



3. What's a skill you think everyone should have? 

Communication, 

 Tell us why? Communication is so valuable in relationships, especially in a marriage! I was so blessed in having been reared in a home where my parents thought being able to communicate with each other was so important! Our dinner time was so important to my father, he always made sure things we were doing were important enough to talk about and discuss. He was such a great communicator, One whom I adored so much.

4. Favorite thing you've purchased this year?  Not to many things  were bought this year other than necessities, 

5. What's your favorite place to visit in the fall?  We enjoy taking rides to see how everyone decorated their homes/yards for fall! This is what you see when you enter through our farm gate! 



6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The past two years have been trying times for all, especially last year during the covid19 epidemic, I am so thankful that families are once again  getting together and making memories, this past weekend we celebrated a very special milestone birthday with our family and friends, it was so good to be able to fellowship and share good food! No worry everyone either had been vaccinated or had recovered from covid!

Here is the birthday girl!

We had a campfire with sparklers


~Enjoying catching up~~


As usual, I am late to the party, but as they say "better late than never"!

Many thanks to Joyce for hosting!

Sue



19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good to see a post from you. Everyone looks like they are having so much fun! I love your header, it is timeless.

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful get together to celebrate that great milestone. Looks like a great time. Love the cake. I really like your fall display for neighbors to enjoy. What fun. Good to see you here at the hodgepodge!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Lots of fun times and always a joy to stop by for a visit. We're in Oklahoma right now and have enjoyed watching our Grandson work his show sheep. Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

This is certainly the HodgePodge for you! Farming is such a vital business and you and your hubby have done it proud!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to gather with your dear ones? Happiest of birthdays to Susan! Look like her party was lots of fun!

Happy fall, Sue! Always nice to visit you!

Gattina said...

That's a cheerful Hodgepodge ! Just what I need and the sheep are so cute !

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Belated Happy Birthday to her!

Lovely photos of life, as it should be lived.

I just read a wonderful post, which puts this all in perspective. And with which I agree. My view, Man/Woman/Kind will simply have to life and die, with this latest virus. -smile-

It is in "Life In New Zealand" blog.

The link to her post is....

https://athomeinnewzealand.blogspot.com/2021/10/putting-covid-into-perspective.html


I'm sorry, to not put a clickable link, but I seem to have forgotten the "magic way," to leave clickable links. -grinnn-


πŸ‚πŸ”₯🌰🌻🍁🌻🌰πŸ”₯πŸ‚

At Home Together said...

Family is just everything! Your pantry is wonderful. I have never learned to can, but still hold at hope at 59 that I can one day soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for getting together1 How wonderful that you grew up in a household where you could communicate. We were to be seen and not heard at the table, when there were adults around and in church...and for a talky kid it was hard and I had to suffer the punishment.

happyone said...

Thank you and your family for being farmers. Without you we wouldn't be eating!! So many people take farmers for granted. I've gotten to know some farmers around here just by taking walks.
How nice that your family can get together and make new memories.

Vee said...

Wonderful to see your girl looking so happy. Surely her crown is lying! She's making her age look terrific, too. I always love to see your produce canned and lining the shelves. I thought you might say canning was the skill we all need. Communication is definitely a skill that everyone needs.

That's a very nice autumn display inside your fence.

Mrs.T said...

So nice to see this post, Sue!

What a fun celebration for your daughter's birthday! She looks beautiful and it looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

Communication ... I didn't even think of that skill, but it is indeed so necessary. Thanks for mentioning that!

Buttercup said...

Love your header! Congratulations and wishes for many more milestones.

Edna B said...

I absolutely love your goats. They are beautiful. My mom was a farm girl. I am so very thankful for our farmers. Your family photos are wonderful. I love family gatherings. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Carla from The River said...

High Fives to Farmers. Farming is in our blood. :-)
I enjoyed the photos of the party.
Happy New Week!! Love, Carla

Joyce said...

Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I loved your pictures and am so glad you were able to enjoy a family get together. Precious times indeed. Now I need you to come fill my pantry : )

Deanna Rabe said...

This is a happy post!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~ Beautiful post! I too love that we don't have to worry so much about getting together. I'm still very careful, but enjoying being around friends and family. I love your beautiful Fall decor! The scarecrows and pumpkins look so cute! The Wednesday Hodgepodge looks fun, I will have to give it a try. Our freedoms are so important, especially today in a world full of turmoil. I am so grateful for all those who sacrifice daily for us! Have a wonderful Sabbath!

Kathi said...

Sue, I love your header and I love seeing your beautiful life. Your daughter is so lovely and looks so joyful. I would love it if we could return to normal soon. Out here in Oregon, we are still having to wear masks and we are bombarded with negative news. I hope and pray for God to alleviate some of the pressure we feel here. I pray He will expose evil and reveal Truth. There are many prayer warriors here praying for the Lord to send revival, so I will continue to trust God and His Word. Thank you for your positive posts, Sue. You are a light. Kathi

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com