Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Farmhouse goings on!



I looked out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw these little peepers, my first thought was to run out and cut a bouquet, but I stopped in my tracks, and here is what I thought" if I cut them I want have any color in my yard." hmmm!!
What did I do? I am still mulling over it. lol But for today here is a flower just for you, enjoy.


I bet you don't do silly things like this, being the busy body that I am I decide I would pick some dead leaves off of my plant and when I did a whole root section came out, dirt and all. Keep in mind this is a room, that I had just finished spring cleaning. ugh!, Now if I had taken the time to get some clippers, this would not have happened. Number one lesson this week.!

All in all I had a very productive day, and I just looove days like that, did a lot of laundry, put house back in order from the weekend.

All rooms downstairs are spring cleaned except our bedroom. Why so slow you might ask, It seems we have a lot of irons in the fire is my only defense. Are you buying it? LOL

Today I will be working on some projects, such as helping Dear One work on our porch,(weather permitting).. We are having to take all of the old caulking out of the banisters and recaulk. This is a big job, as it seems when we built the wrong caulking was put in.
So how is your day going?
Hugs,
Sue

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Sue,
All of those porch railings are work. My husband has already replaced sections that were not caulked at all and by the time we noticed, wood rot had already started. It is a huge job! I liked your picture of the flowers coming up around your shed. It looks so pretty. We have another day with temps in the 70s today, so I hope to get my porches all cleaned too.
Have a fun day and I do love when you write.
sending you a giant hug.
Kim

mum4305 said...

What a joyful sight, daffodils in early spring. Railings are a giant job. Ours need to be repainted this year.

I think I understand why you left your bedroom till last but you will sleep so much better when it's done, don't you think? Thanks for stopping by h.a.h. - Lori

Janean said...

my day so far is really great...still waiting for warm weather. spring will be here some day. :)

♥ Kathy said...

OH NO! I almost die when I mess up something I've worked so hard to clean lol you are not alone there dear! Good luck on the porch project..I hope it's not too much work.

Barb said...

I just love Spring! The daffodils are so delightful! I feel the same way about picking them - it's hard to resist though.

You are so good about spring cleaning. I still have most of my house to work on! We are doing some remodeling in the basement, so I guess I just put it off because of that - hahah!

Good luch with the railing - don't work too hard - pray a lot!

Hugs,

Barb