Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~I have no idea what to title this post~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, March 25, 2014             cold with rain, temps. low 40's
Do you ever have days when you work and work and feel as though you didn't accomplish anything, that was me yesterday. After washing dishes I started the laundry, went to the master bedroom closet and saw it was a mess,(I already new it needed cleaning,and organizing).
 so I  started cleaning it, which meant more clothes to wash, before I had finished this job, I found myself in the dining room looking at some bewildered plants, this is as far as I got on organizing the closet.

Off to the sink the plants went for a good soaking, would you believe my Thanksgiving cactus is still blooming, while I was waiting for some of the plants to drain and to finish the others, I noticed.....
Miss Lucy Lou needed to get spruced up for spring, off I went to find her outfit, she has one for every holiday of the year. She thanked me and wished me 'Happy Spring".

 Then it was back to laundry folding and putting away,... phone rings, a dear friend called inviting us to their church supper , that meant quiting everything before it was finished to get dressed, this was the best offer of the day, I find spending time with friends especially if they are experiencing difficult situations and just needing to talk more important.  This country girl loves dinners like this, listening to folks who just saw each other the day before talking as if they had not seen one another in a long while, just brought a smile to me. Yes, that is me stuffing my mouth, I don't usually use both hands to eat, just a slip, it must have been that good old southern cooking. ~smile~
When we got home we remembered the fruit trees needed wrapping,as old man winter was coming back, even this job was incomplete as we ran out of coverings.
Today is Tuesday, I would love to report that the closet is finished, that all of the plants are watered, and that our laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away, but that would not be truthful, I 'm still working on the laundry, closet, and plants, in between chores, I decided to make a chocolate pie , watch an old movie (Adam Has Four Sons) with Mr P. and I am getting bedrooms upstairs ready for company this weekend.
This is the easiest pie to make.
I hope you are having a blessed day,
 Sue

23 comments:

ellen b. said...

Well it sounds to me that you got a lot accomplished. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy your friends and good food!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I made me tired just reading your post! My goodness you are a busy girl! Does it seem to you that the more we try to do, the more behind we get?! So glad you got a chance to be with friends though, and a church dinner is always a good thing!

Love your, Miss Lucy Lou - she's adorable!!

Hugs,
Barb

Cranberry Morning said...

Haha! Sounds like after all that work you needed a break of pie and TV. :-) Your wrapped trees remind me that this year I need to build a CAGE around my newest apple tree to keep the rabbits from devouring it next winter!

Cranberry Morning said...

P.S. I'm following you via Feedly. :-)

Vee said...

Hahahaha...thank you for including that photo of you and your beloved at the church supper. You are so cute and your hubby's expression is priceless. Love it!

Sorry that spring is bouncing around so for you and hope that it settles down. As for closets...well, you're a brave gal to tackle it at all.

Cheryl said...

Sue, this post makes me smile, as it sounds more like my style...going from one thing to the next without finishing either of them! I guess it happens to everyone from time to time! :D

I think you made a good choice by going to the dinner though. Chores will wait, but the opportunity to be with friends is priceless.

happyone said...

Yes, I have days like that too. : )
Still you got a lot almost done!!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love days like these that are filled with home keeping work!

That pie looks delicious!

Deanna

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I'd love to drop by, share a piece of that pie and a cuppa coffee and have a nice visit with you. I bet we could talk for hours.

And, I love cleaning out, organizing and getting the laundry done.

Sounds like a great day topped off by sharing special time with a friend.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! As I walk from room to room, I get distracted about what to work on first! Your pie makes me hungry.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are far ahead of me! I keep getting totally off track, Sue.

Nothing like being with friends at church. :-)

That pie = yum!

And I loved your shepherd post yesterday. I couldn't find the comments so I am leaving one here.

xo

Sheila.

Debbie said...

Well can't tell you how many days like this I have. Though I have been procrastinating on our closet for at least 3 weeks now! Sounds to me like you made the best choice though. The pie looks scrumptious!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Being with friends takes priority over housework anytime! I get started on one project and jump to another and, consequently, nothing gets done. Your pie looks good and if it weren't my bedtime, I'd be looking for something chocolate! :)

Elena said...

Your chocolate pie looks so good. I know I need to organize and clean Mary's closet :) I always love to come here and visit. So sweet and so refreshing!

podso said...

Wow that sounds like my kind of day except i would not get so much accomplished! So good of you to jump up and join your friends who needed encouragement.

Christine said...

Sounds like just another day at the Farm.... lol! Your day, it's seems, is similar to days we all have had, me included.
By the way, great title!

Farm Girl said...

It looks like one of my days. I do that so often I start and then something come in to get my attention. It all looks good to me though. I hope the freeze didn't hurt your trees.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

This is exactly how I clean- I flit from one job to another to another- the only difference is I don't usually get too much accomplished. At least you finish things! LOL! The pie looks yummy.

Debbie said...

Spending a few minutes trying to catch up this morning, and your post title caught my eye and then made me grin. I'm grinning WITH you because you described the story of my life perfectly. I guess I could title my life and your post, "The Best Laid Plans".

You did get a lot accomplished... just not what you planned. Grin.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Well, it sounds to me that you did get a lot accomplished just in different areas :). The fellowship with friends and the movie and pie seems just right!

Anonymous said...

you are so like my aunt from WV just love her and all her excitement and love for family and friends.. helping out a friend to care for their feeling is truly a sign of a kind lovely heart you have..
Keep warm and safe..
Hugs

Ps -- this is kris from K and S Inn - dear friends had to changed my email to
livingwithchanges@gmail.com
got hacked... keep in touch..

SarahGeorge said...

It's always great reading your busy posts :) I smiled for this line "listening to folks who just saw each other the day before talking as if they had not seen one another in a long while, just brought a smile to me" I think I fall in the same line :) I too like good gatherings :)Your pie looks great and so is Lucy :) Have a great day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi I am a new follower coming over from Happy One's blog. I love your blog and will be following along. I love reading positive blogs that show how wonderful and satisfying life can be. See you again soon!