Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Hello Dear Friends"

Written by Sue, Saturday, Nov. 14, 2015       beautiful fall day, Temps. 60's

I wanted to update you on what I have been up to, if there are more than usual grammatical  and typing errors, in this post please excuse them, as I am recuperating from some intricate eye surgery! I have been put on rest, for a week, with no lifting of anything heavier than 5lbs., no bending or stooping! They didn't say anything about not blogging, however, my eyesight is not the best, yet!!! I am going to try and do some visiting in blogland over the weekend, my curiosity just gets the best of me! Not really, I miss my friends! Do you have any idea of how much I treasure your friendships?

Sitting or lying for long periods of time are not what I do best! I have the best nurse (Mr P.) ever, he has been  doing all the cooking and cleaning, plus making sure I take my meds., not to mention encouraging me to be patient! You know Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the bend!

Some might ask why have this surgery right before the holidays, well when your glasses are half/ broken, and you can't see very well,with or without  and find your self taking them off and on all day, then it is time to do something about it!

When I went for the exam, I was told, I had cataracts,(explains the poor vision) that new lenses would not help the problem! I had several choices, the one which we decided on was to have the astigmatism corrected along with the cataract removal, and then to have multi-focal IOL lenses implanted! Thus hoping to eliminate the use of eye glasses, except maybe for very small print! I was happy to hear this for several reasons, the main reason being my lenses had become so heavy that they were leaving indentations on the bridge of my nose, which would eventually break the skin!

I went to Southern Pines/Pinehurst at a very prestiges eye clinic, for my surgery, The pre-op took a full day, three days later was the eye surgery, which didn't take as long as the prep did!  I am told it will take from 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal and for my eye and brain to synchronize! Ha ha!  I am so amazed, and "Thankful" at how far modern medicine has come!

 My next surgery is scheduled for Dec. 9th! I don't know how much decorating will be done this year! When I took the photo above I didn't realize the title of the book(BTW a very good book) until I was finished! I think it is so appropriate, Yes, I am amazed at modern medicine, but I am truly more amazed at the Grace that abounds in my life, "the Grace of God," which reaches far above anything I can imagine! Words are so inadequate to say "Thank you for your thoughts,prayers and emails"!

Much love from me to you,
Sue

19 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

My dad had the very same thing done a few years ago! He is so happy with it! My mom is going to have hers done soon, and we are thankful! My dad had his astigmatism taken care of with his new lenses as well!

Bless you as you rest and recover. Maybe some decorating "elves" will come and bless you with decorating help!

Deanna

Farm Girl said...

I always think the doctors are over optimistic. Month to month my eyes got better and better, I mean I was legally blind and couldn't drive.
So of course it got better and better, but it took longer for the flashing to go away and it was great at six months and wonderful at a year. The resting part was for the birds isn't it? The other thing, you will have 20 year old eyes, in the same ole body. :)
It just felt so wonderful to be able to see, and I felt every day when I woke up what it felt to be healed and it really was a miracle. I am glad you did okay. I am also so glad for the update.
I am so thankful every thing went great.
It is interesting to see how they do it state to state. I was in and out in less that a hour.
They took good care of you. I am so glad.
Rest lots

Patsy said...

I had this done last year and it takes time to get back, but I see so much better at night.
How is your mother? I think of her when reading about your sweet life.
Wishing you the best.

Vee said...

Oh I see those drops! I still remember John saying that he would drown in drops. Good thing that you have a very capable nurse and housekeeper. God bless him! You are going to enjoy the colors of Christmas this year whether lots of decorating gets done or not. So glad that you popped in to say how you're doing! Take good care and follow all the rules and nap and catch up on your rest. See you soon!

ellen b. said...

Oh dear Sue, thank you for this post about what has been happening with you. I'm so glad your first surgery was successful and I will pray that your healing is good and your next surgery will be easy and good, too. You know it's okay if decorating doesn't happen or is minimal in any given year. You should go with the flow and enjoy the fact that your eyesight will be better next year! May God bless you and keep you!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

so good to hear from you. I'm sure that cataract surgery will be in my future at some point. Few folks escape it! :o)) It does seem all consuming with the drops but will be so worth it in the end. You continue to take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Cheryl said...

So nice to hear from you today, Sue...and to know that you are recovering well under the care of your dear nurse and by the mercy of the Lord!! You just continue to take it easy and benefit from the rest. I am sure that "taking it easy" is not "easy" for you (you are such a hard-working gal!), but now is the time. Hugs...

Carol said...

My husband had the same procedure 2 years ago. He is so thrilled he doesn't have to wear glasses. We call it a miracle! I think I may be next because my eye sight is not so good. I suspect my cataracts are getting worse. I'll be praying for you while you recover & on Dec. 9th.

Smiles,
Carol

Christine said...

Good for you!
It's scary to have surgery but EYE surgery is concerning.
Hubby sounds like an angel and loves you very much.
Rest and re-cope. We all want you back!
Prayers for you!

happyone said...

Good to read an update. You are blessed to have such a great 'nurse' to take care of you. : )
My mom had the same surgery too and was so happy with it.
Will keep on praying for you.

Debbie said...

I had this wonderful surgery 20 years ago when I was 40. The implants that is. I had been diagnosed with congenital cataracts in my 30's and realized my life was getting darker and darker!
My doctor said time to do it. Easy as pie, though I was really nervous. After the first one was finished I was amazed at the difference and couldn't wait for the second. Sounds like you're getting pampered a little more than I did! :D
So glad you're getting this taken care of. Can't wait to hear about your vision miracles! God has given man such wisdom!
Hugs, Deb

Debbie said...

Good morning Sue! I was soo glad to pop on here this morning and read this update from you. I have been keeping you in my prayers and hoping to hear soon. Sounds like it all went wonderfully. Yes, you have a wonderful nurse and how helpful that it is. Resting is VERY difficult I agree, and at this time of year even more so. But just settle back and before you know it this will all be behind you and you will have that SUPER vision of your youth, lol. I am praying about doing at least one of my knees soon and the down time is soo long on it I am not sure how I will bear it. But it has got to be done! I will continue to pray for your speedy and full recovery! SOOOO many blessings and hugs to you! Debbie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I was happy to see your post and read that you're doing well after the surgery! I hope you continue to heal nicely and it's wonderful you have such a good helper, too. Take good care of yourself and rest up. Prayers and hugs, Cheryl

bj said...

Hi, Sue...my good friend had this same thing done last year and she is doing SOOO well. I know you will, too.
Take care and let your sweet nurse take good care of you.
Thanks so much for coming by.....
(as for Thanksgiving...you can just have him order a complete Turkey Dinner for you and your family. I've never done it but have friends that do it every year and love it...

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sue, I can't wait to hear more about your eye surgeries and recovery period and results. What a wonderful thing!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Blessings and healing!! Happy Thanksgiving, from Benjamin and I.

Anonymous said...

So glad you sharing this event with you.. Oh my I can image it's hard not to be able to do all you are used to do daily.. but enjoy your resting and recovering time so you will be ready for the next one in Dec...Your in my prayers dear friend!
HUgs

Debbie Harris said...

Blessings to you, dear Sue, as you continue to heal and recover.
The Lord bless you~~ Debbie

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I hope you are doing well! You will be so glad you had this surgery, I love modern technology! I pray that you will heal and be better than new by Christmas sweet friend!!

Hugs,
Barb