Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

The phrase "There's no place like home," is so true.



Written by Sue, Friday, October 13, 2017          much cooler today, temps. 70's

No matter where I go, I always love turning the key and hearing that clicking sound in the lock of our door . Even if I have only gone shopping, I am so happy to be home.

Foyer decorated for the season


Did you know that every home has its own scent, the first thing I do is sniff the air, and I offer a quiet prayer of thankfulness, and safety.


The scents I am smelling now are fall scents, i.e. pumpkin spice, cinnamon, autumn leaves, sweater weather, (love Bath and Bodyworks.)

My decorating style is my own, I decorate with the colors and treasures that are me. 

If I had to choose my favorite room it would be either my kitchen, or dining room, the dining room would probably edge the kitchen only slightly, It is a place where we nourish our bodies, and spirits as we linger over a meal.

The fall view of the foyer and dining room as I come down the stairs,
One of the things that I have enjoyed about blogging is the difference in how we all view the world, and our homes. Just like our Creator made each of us to be unique, we create our own unique styles and colors in our own homes. I have learned so much from you and enjoyed your homes so much, and have learned so much about you from your homes...

I truly believe that God wants us to have a safe haven to come home too, a place we can claim as our own,... just like us, homes come in all shapes and sizes, if love (family) is there, it is our home, if our things are there, it is our home,


When we add our own personal touches, it "becomes our home"
Even in our bedrooms and bathrooms, (after all we do spend time in there,) whether it's putting my makeup on or brushing my teeth, I enjoy reading scripture verses on plaques, and seasonal touches.
Home is a place we can go to when the storms of life are raging. I often listen to the wind and rain when it is coming down hard and am reminded of the safety of our sheltering home. It is the one place that we control what and who comes in, (well,most of the time. lol)

Sometimes late at night, when I am unable to sleep I will get up and as I am walking across the room, I hear the floor creek beneath my feet, I go, sit, and listen to other sounds that my home makes, a pop here and there in the wall, it is like the wall is talking to me. A home not only has its own scent, but it also has its own sound. I truly believe that a home takes on its own personality, US!!

So why this blog?....
I wanted a place that I could come, talk about, and share of how my day was spent here at the "farmhouse", and about the things that I do to make it a "home". Making a house a home is a lifetime endever,
 and I might add a joy. 

As my life is always changing, my style, which I call "Eclectic" remains the same. When I first started blogging I made the mistake of comparing my style, tried to change, but soon realized that was not me, and not pleasing to the Lord. Again we are all "Unique," and I truly believe this pleases God, after all ,He did create us!

Love from my home to yours,
Sue

 Psalm 139:14~ I will praise You, for I am fearfully 
and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works;
And that, my souls knows very well.














15 comments:

Debbie said...

I absolutely LOVE your home. And not just because it is beautiful and decorated in a very similar color theme and style as I myself would pick out and have, but because you can just sense the love and care and feel the warmth and the comfort it offers. I am soo glad you share it with us and that you have it to enjoy. I might just take you up on your offer to visit with you at your farm house if we ever do make it to your area. Can't think of a nicer place to see in person. Have a good weekend my friend. Hugs! 😘

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Your home is so, cozy and beautiful! I love coming home as well, and you are right, every home has it's own scent. I love, Bath and Body Works! I'm burning a candle from there now that I love, it's called, Leaves, so cozy! Thank you for sharing your home with us...love it!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your home is a reflection of you, Sue. Beautiful inside and out. I love your style...everything looks so pretty, warm and inviting. I enjoy visiting here and I hope to get better with commenting. I've gotten behind again as life gets busy and I get slower. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

happyone said...

What a beautiful, lovely home you have.
I call my style eclectic too. : )

Vee said...

Your home is warm, cozy, comfortable, and inviting. I love visiting you here. And I really love that you are blogging more.

Billie Jo said...

Oh how much I loved this!!!!
I feel the same way about our home.
I just feel so happy when I walk in the door!
Safe and sound and cozy. : )
Your home is lovely...so beautiful!
Have a cozy weekend, my friend. : )

Cranberry Morning said...

What a lovely post. Indeed, we are meant to be different from one another, and I love your cozy and warm home. I'm sure people feel that as they spend time there too.

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this post, Sue!! I share much of your philosophy about making a home! No need to be someone else, or make your home to please someone else. Just let it be a sanctuary for your loved ones and yourself.

Oh yes, the smells and sights and sounds of our homes are part of the whole package, aren't they?

Indeed, your style of homemaking and home decor is totally charming and cozy and welcoming!

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, I enjoyed my first visit to your lovely blog and thank you for visiting me! First, your home is beautiful and your eclectic style is perfect! I love your sentiments about home and reading about your relationship to the Lord! Blessings~

Patsy said...

Your home is lovely and so are you.
The home shows happy,happy and love.

I will tell you something sad.
about a home.
We have a couple that just moved in our
senior gated community. They are going
on a long trip and said this will be
the first time we will not have to worry
that our home will be broken in to.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

It is so interesting to see other bloggers home and their style of decor. Yours is always so warm and inviting. I'm with Debbie, it's one I would love to see in person and sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee. Maybe one day! Happy weekend dear friend!

NanaNor's said...

Harvest Blessings to you Sue! I love seeing your home all decked out for the season. I so agree about not comparing our decorating style to others-when I was a young mom I remember seeing a friends home and wanting to use her style-only problem was it wasn't my style. So from then on, until even today, I always ask the Lord to guide me in decorating-since He knows me intimately. It's amazing how the finished product always comes out looking like hubby and I. Thanks for sharing.
Sending lots of love and hugs,
Noreen

Saimi said...

What a lovely home you have. Your fall decorations make everything so warm and cozy, I even can smell your candles while reading your post! Bed Bath and Beyond is truly a favorite store of mine and always keep a candle on my stove top. I too love the scent of the Holidays. Right now my house is decorated more for Halloween but I must say, decorating for Christmas is a true favorite.
It was fun stopping by, have a great week!
Saimi

ellen b. said...

Amen to keeping your home, your home. I love your dining area. You have a beautiful home, Sue. I enjoyed seeing all your touches for fall. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Madison said...

Hi, Sue! Your blog is sooo cozy. I love it! I totally agree - home is the best!!! <3 Your home is beautiful.

Madison http://breakfastatmadisons.com