Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Written by Sue, Sunday, October 22, 2017      beautiful fall day, sunny, temps. 70's

For today, I am thankful for the freedom  to worship publicly, without fear ...
There are those in this world who do not have this privilege, they are not even allowed to worship in their homes, much less in an open assembly without fear of being imprisoned or killed.

Photo courtesy of Steven Dohanus
The religious freedom that we have, gives our children the privilege to  participate in church activities, freely. I adore these little guys, they remind me of our sons when they were young.
photo courtesy of Frances Tipton-Hunter
Psalm 95:1-2-3~ Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God and the great King above all Gods.
Photo courtesy of Dick Sargent

So, whether I choose to worship within my home, in the biggest Cathedral, or in a humble country church I am most thankful for this freedom.... Today, when all the songs have been sung, and when the message has been given, may I remember as I bow my head in prayer to Give Thanks for this privilege., and to ask heavenly Father that I might continue to have this privilege, and to remember to pray for those who don't!!

May your day be filled with many blessings ,
Giving thanks for you today,
Sue

16 comments:

Sandi said...

We have so much to be thankful for. A good reminder!

Saimi said...

Amen!!

Anonymous said...

Sunday blessings to you, Sue. A great reminder of how blessed we are in America to be able to worship freely. These illustrations are so sweet.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

AMEN!
Have a wonderful day.

Billie Jo said...

Lovely!
Oh that first image...I wish I lived back then.
Happy and blessed Sunday, my friend.

happyone said...

Amen. I am so very thankful for my church, our pastor and church family!!
In fact I'm off to church again in a little while. : )

NanaNor's said...

Blessings to you today; I agree that Religious Freedom is so vital to our nation. We have no idea of what it's like to live in a country where you can't worship.
Sending big hugs your way.
Noreen

ellen b. said...

Thanking God with you Sue! Love the illustrations you used to illustrate your thoughts. Love that woman singing wholeheartedly! :)

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Well said, I couldn't agree more with you! As I was reading your post, I was thinking about a lady at my church who sings with all her heart...loudly as well, reminded me of the last photo... ;0) I actulally love to hear her sing! Today, two young women in our church sang, Come Thou Fount, it was beautiful... Thank you for reminding me of the scripture in Psalms, I need to write it on my heart!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Unknown said...

Amen. Bless your sweet heart.
xo - Michelle

bj said...

This is such a beautiful and thoughtful post. I am so thankful for our freedom and for blogging friends like you. Have a beautiful week.

Vee said...

Amen. I take too many things for granted...and this is one of them, though the possibility of losing this right has been quite high on my radar screen for a number of years. Love that little red-head in total amazement of the lady singing beside him. Ha!

Mari said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for stopping at my blog, I' happy to meet you. I so agree with your post today. We are blessed indeed and a reminder is good, as I sometimes take this for granted.
PS - I love your taste in music - mine is exactly the same!

Lorrie said...

This is a good reminder of one of the many things for which we can be thankful.

R's Rue said...

Thank you.

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

I am so thankful for my freedom to worship at church, at home, in my car, in public. May we always be thankful. Great post.