Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Dear Jack (My love letter)

You have been the sweetest companion ever, you came into our lives when we were so needy, you needed us and we needed you.


What a joy you have been, you were never rude to any guest in our home, alway such a southern gentleman. You were so patient with us, never demanding your way first.

You and papa enjoying a ride together.

Just profiling.
You loved sitting by the fire while we had morning devotions.

 You indulged my love of plants.

You would always pose for me and my camera, sometimes being silly.

 Loving another morning of devotions, with us.
I remember when you were to tired to climb in bed, little did I know that the big Cancer was beginning to take over.


I first saw you at my  clothesline, clothed in fleas and ticks, with lots of hot spots, malnourished, and dehydrated, but when our eyes first met, we both knew it was love at first sight! I told you then that no one would ever mistreat you again, and they never did.
YOU LOVED PLAYING IN THE MUD, SILLY BOY

NOT SO MUCH THE BATH AFTERWARDS!

You were our constant companion, very seldom barking, only when the door bell rang and when you would say goodby to our friends. They all adored you too!

Thank you for loving our son Keith, you knew the first time you met him that he had special needs too, and you loved him so much, and always enjoyed time spent with him.

I could tell so many stories of our life with you here at the farm, you didn't mind when the lamb rode with us to church at Easter for a demonstration.




You loved Christmas almost as much as I do, taking a nap under the tree lights was a favorite thing for you.

Yesterday as I was crying while holding  you in my arms, and telling you it was okay to leave us,you were trying to comfort me by your sweet kisses on my neck, I will forever be so grateful for you! My heart is broken, when it broke my eyes became flooded, and continues, but I am so thankful you are no longer in pain.

Thank you so much for remembering my birthday today, Papa, delivered them this evening, they are perfect. You knew exactly which are my favorites.


Rest in peace my Love,
With all my love,
Mama

Dear friends the past few weeks have been very trying, helplessly standing by while a loved one is suffering, hoping and praying that things would change. Not knowing about my own health situation as well! Yesterday was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made, we know Jack is relieved of his suffering. He was truly the BEST of the BEST. Please pray for comfort. Be back soon.
Love Sue
Written by Sue, Friday, August 190, 2018     Sunny,hot, humid high 90's.

23 comments:

Christine said...

Jack, what a great name for him! His sure did talked with his eyes and kisses.
I’m so sorry for your loss! Jack couldn’t have had a better life. You gave him love and he gave it back!
Take care!

Sandi said...

My condolences, Sue.

My Grandma wrote something similar to this for hers. I still have it.

Finding Pam said...

I am sorry that you have lost your beloved Jack. He looked like he was a precious fur baby. Remember the Rainbow Bridge.

Debbie Harris said...

Aww...saddened in my own heart for your loss, dear Sue.
What a beautiful, beautiful tribute.
I will surely be thinking if you as this is such a hard thing to go through.
God's blessings be upon you and your family~
With love and comfort, Debbie

terricheney said...

There are just special ones who will forever be the most loved and most missed friends. I wrote just such a post one New Year's Eve for my dear Trudy. We have continued these years with our sweet Maddie and I've apparently been adopted by a little black curly haired dog who is quick to protect me. I appreciate their company but they are not Trudy. Please accept my sympathy and my understanding. Terri C

happyone said...

Oh that is so sad. I am so sorry to hear this sad news. It brought back memories when my own SammyJo had to be put to sleep. That was years ago and I still miss her.
Your post was a wonderful tribute to Jack.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, dear friend, I’m so sorry for your loss and all of the hards things currently filling your life. Love and prayers XOXO

Vee said...

Oh, yes, Comfort is needed in a time like this; I will pray. Precious Jack...he was a gift. May the memory of his sweet life bless you. Love the photo of Jack and the lamb.

Vee said...

Back because I hadn’t wished you a Happy Birthday. Unlikely that it was a “happy” one, but blessed certainly. A blessed Sunday and birthday weekend to you.

Gina said...

Sue, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Jack. Our pets truly hold a special place in our hearts always. I am glad that Jack is at rest now and will pray for comfort for you and your family.

Theresa said...

Sweetest tribute to your precious Jack. I am in tears and hurting for you. Hope you find comfort in the memories. He misses you too:( HUGS

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been there several times and it is so very hard. My heart aches for you. ((Hugs)) Our daughter just held her dog in her arms a week ago.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
I am so very sorry about Jack, and I know this is a hard time for yall. I remember only too well some years ago now when we had to make that decision with our lil schnauzer for the
same reason. So I am crying along with you as I read your post. Will be praying for yall,
and hope you are doing okay physically.

Love and Blessings,
Nellie

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so sorry, he was a good dog. We always have to do what is best for them because we love them so much Sending you a hug

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Sue, this made me so sad for you. What a beautiful tribute to your furry companion. May the days ahead get easier and may you be comforted knowing that Jack is no longer in pain. Hugs to you!

sharon said...

So sorry! It is never easy to say goodbye. Holding your family in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
As a veterinarian and fellow animal lover, I am so sorry for your loss. Truly Jack was a gift to you, and you to him. More evidence of God's love for us and for our pets.
So hard to say goodbye, to make that decision. But it is truly a selfless decision. Know that I will keep y'all in my prayers, and that the Lord is faithful and I believe Jack is with Him. In fact, I have no doubt of it.

Karen and Gerard said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing pets is always very heartbreaking, I know because I have lost 4 of my own and 6 of my dad's cats. I'm sure Jack was a great little doggie and I know you will miss him terribly but will always have him in your heart.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh goodness Sue, I'm so sorry to hear the passing of your sweet Jack. What a wonderful tribute to your faithful, loving friend. Take care of yourself. ♥

ellen b. said...

Oh dear Sue, may God comfort you and help you in your grief. Hugs...

Mari said...

Aww - I'm crying reading this. Those furry friends become part of the family and it really hurts when they are gone.
He was a good friend, and you loved him well! Praying for you.

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Sue, I now know why I was prompted to get up this evening and look at my blog list-I am so heartbroken for you, as I know how much you cherished Jack. He loved you equally and wouldn't want you to grieve, but to be happy knowing he is pain free. I'm also wanting to lift you up sweet friend with whatever is going on with your health. May His healing flow over you and bring you renewed health. Wish I was there to hug and love on you dear one. Know you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Noreen

M.K. said...

What a sweet, sweet, loving post for your dear friend! We are BIG dog people here too, and we know how you feel. He looks like a wonderful fella. Sorry for your loss!