Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Sunday thoughts~

Written by Sue, Sunday, October 21, 2018.        Sunny, cool,windy, 50's beautiful fall day.


This is a visitor we had this summer to the farm, he/she stayed for about six weeks, just hung out around the house, and garden, roosting at the edge of the roof at night, leaving a calling card on the steps, which was my job to clean each morning. I didn't mind though, to me it was symbolic of peace  I was amazed at how friendly he/she was, I thought a few times that it would perch on my wrist, instead chose not to. As quickly as he came, he left. 

I call these "Gold Nuggets" from God, which He leaves me so many.



John 14:27~ "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I am reminded once again this morning of who is in control. The peace that abides in every believer can not be explained, just the assurance that God is aware of all circumstances surrounding us, both personally and worldly. Just now, I am thinking of a children's song I used to sing,  "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands." As a child when I sang this song I would envision God's Great big hands cupped with the world situated in them, with me in the center. This still holds true today.

May the peace of God, which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds stayed upon HIM!
Blessings,
Sue

14 comments:

Vee said...

He is a very handsome fellow. I am glad that you received his presence with joy. (I might have been less than joyful after cleaning his restroom each morning.) God’s peace is so important these days. It is always something from health to politics, from kids to weather. ☺️ I grinned at the description of your being the center of the universe...just teasing! It is good to be able to picture ourselves in His hands...we are, after all, in Him.

ellen b. said...

What a lovely visitor your had. Amen to your thoughts about God holding us and the whole world in His hands. Have a wonderful week ahead dear Sue!

Theresa said...

What a peaceful message in this post. Thank you for that🙏🏼 Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

happyone said...

What a nice visitor.
That is a great verse!!

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely visitor. I love all of your words this morning.

Mrs.T said...


Beautiful post and Scripture. Such a blessing to read here today. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Beautiful thoughts on a cozy autumn evening.
Hugs!

Cheryl said...

What an immeasurable comfort to know that He is Lord of all!!

I love your little visitor! He was a gift!

Gina said...

Sue, what a gorgeous dove! God blesses us just out of the blue with small graces such as this.

BTW, I finally opened my autumn/fall blog. You are cordially invited! xo

mygatheringbasket.com

Hope to see you there!

Christine said...

I always appreciate when you pass is your wisdom. Yes, we do know who is control!
Been singing, He's Got The Whole World In His Hands, since I read this!

Debbie Harris said...

A gold nugget in deed!
Oh, I would have loved for that visitor to grace our home and I would be only too happy to clean up after him/her.

I believe those are special enjoyments for our pleasure from God.

God bless you ♡

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Beautiful thoughts today, and one of my favorite scriptures. God really is in control. He is always there to guide and directs us. I loved that song too! It has such a sweet message!

Your cute little Dove really was a special treat!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Elena said...

Hi Sue, It was so nice to hear from you. Yes, our Mary girl is growing up fast. I always love visiting your blog. We have doves coming to our feeder in our flower garden. They are one of our favorite birds. So sweet. The man that built our house said that the land our house was built on was a dove nesting place. He is a Christian and had a circle of friend come pray over the land he built our house one. This was about 6 years before we rented the house. Now we are the owners. So amazing the things the Lord does for us!

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Are you coming back to blogging? Miss your posts.