Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Good morning,~

Written by Sue, Thursday, May 23, 2019 ---- sunny, warm 80's a beautiful day

Sitting here at one of my 'happy places' this morning, having coffee, morning devotion, and  writing this note to you dear friends.
Psalm 29:2 Give unto the Lord the glory due His name; Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

Lately, I had found myself being rather grumpy, just couldn't put my finger on the reason why, until I spoke with my dear mother, besides Mr P, the one person who has always encouraged me to blog has been my mother, in a conversation with her the other day, I was relating of this grumpy, outside the box feeling, when she interrupted my pity party with this question, "Sue, how about your blog, I haven't heard you mention it lately." I told her of how busy I was, and of being to tired at the end of day( for some reason I found myself going to bed before the chickens,~smile~)  and that I really missed connecting with everyone, and was feeling frustrated for not taking  time out to stay in touch.

While thinking about this conversation with  Mother, I realized what the problem was, I was missing  blogging, though I wasn't posting, nor visiting, while I would be working in the garden, inside our home, or just doing farm chores, you, my dear friends were on my mind, as I continued to pray for certain needs you had mentioned.

You might find this hard to believe, that in a very tech. world, I would go for days and weeks and not visit any of my social sites, there are lots of reasons, some mentioned above, plus family visiting from afar, who get our undivided attention when they come.

I have made a decision, I am going to try(real hard) to be more faithful, maybe this grumpiness will leave! ~wink~Thank you for your friendship, I will try and be a more faithful friend.

Lots of things have happened since last we spoke, and I would like to share them with you in the days ahead.
Now I am off to see what you have been up too! Thank you to all for sharing with me your journey through this life!
Ahhh! I can feel the grumpiness leaving. 😊😊😊
Love,
Sue

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Sue, Glad to see a post from you. I, too, leave blogging once in a while to just take a breather and catch up on 'real life'. However, missing the connections with all the people I have in blog land always brings me back.

Welcome home- hope to see more of you. xo Diana

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I definitely know it makes a difference in my life! It's fun to see what my blog buddies are up to...interesting and informative too! I'm a follower of your blog now too. Hope that lifts your spirits today! Enjoy that beautiful view! Come see what it looks like in Florida today! Hugs, Diane

Mrs.T said...

Oh, what a glorious view you have! I am sure that you never take it for granted.

I was so pleased to see a post from you. It's been awhile! Come by and visit at my kitchen table, why don't you?

Sandi said...

I think it is a very good thing in our very tech world to be able to turn it all off and give your full attention to your guests! That said, it's nice to see you back. :-)

Leah said...

Even though I don't blog anymore, there are still a few that I love to follow, yours being one of them. You are such a great example of diligence around your home and farm, and I always leave feeling encouraged in the Lord. Praying for you today, Sue!
-Leah in Iowa

ellen b. said...

How sweet to have your dear mom to talk things over with you! What a blessing. It's always a treat to see a post come up from you. Happy end of May to you! Hope you have a meaningful Memorial Day Weekend!

Shug said...

Mom's always know Best..... I think we all go through times like this. I know for me, I find myself being so busy with the needs of those in my family as well as friends. I often forget about ME. Me time is so super important. Happy Memorial weekend..

Billie Jo said...

Hello Lovely Friend!
Your morning view is breathtaking!!!!
And I am happy you will be here more.
You always brighten my day. : )

Vee said...

I can believe that lack of blogging can bring on grumpiness. ☺️ I am feeling rather grumpy myself, yet am trusting God to bring me safely through this season.

happyone said...

Sometimes it is good to put away all the tech stuff.
Nice to see a post from you and hope your feeling happy this evening. :)

Connie said...

I know the feeling, we get very attached to our blogging friends. We may never meet in person but we hold a warm place in our hearts for those we get close to. Sharing love, praying for one another, these actions do not need person contact, they just need contact of the heart. Happy blogging.
Thank you for following my blog and for your prayers, we are very grateful.
Connie :)

Cheryl said...

Well, Sue, I have a very hard time imagining you as grumpy . . . but I hope cheerfulness returns as you reconnect with your blog friends! I have been a little slack in my own blogging lately. Life has been busy, busy, busy! But I do try to keep plugging away at it, even if it is not as frequently as I once blogged. I, too, would miss my friends if I stepped away from Blogland altogether!

Happy weekend to you!

Christine said...

"Mama knows best!"
What a lady she must be. Tell her that I like when I read about her!