Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Thankful for God's many provisions~

Written by Sue, Thursday, June 13, 2019    partly sunny, a few showers, temps.  divine 70's

I can hardly believe this week is almost gone and that June is flying by. Things are still busy around the farm! I am still preserving our bounty.
My Thankful list for today!

I am so thankful for a break in the extreme temps. and some much needed rain, the flowers are thankful too.

The potatoes have been dug, washed and canned, 21qts. aren't they pretty, and delicious too! Potatoes are a little more work intensive, but soooo worth the effort. I know 21qts. sounds like a lot for two people, but not all are used by Mr P. and I, we share with family.I love doing things for my family!
Our blueberries are ready for picking, today, I will be making blueberry jam, catching up on laundry, and just piddling, do you like to piddle, I find that piddling is fun, and you do get things done.

 

 While picking strawberries at a local farm I saw an old school friend, after talking about the kids, grandkids, we started talking recipes, she gave me this recipe for strawberry pie, I made it yesterday, it passed the taste test with flying colors by Mr P.! He is my official taste tester! I think I went a little overboard with the sauce, just couldn't help my self! As usual, Sue will tweak a recipe to her notion, I made the crust of cinnamon graham crackers, instead of a regular pie crust.

Do you like church cookbooks, I have collected many over the years. Churches have some of the best cooks ever. Last week this friend gifted me with a cookbook published by her church, titled "Come To The Table", don't you just love this title. Even though most folks use the internet for recipes i still enjoy reading and using them.

I find the more I voice thankfulness for my many blessings, the more I become thankful! My list is so long and is still growing, how about yours!😄💗🙏

Love from the farm,
Sue

15 comments:

Vee said...

That pie looks so pretty! Bet it is very tasty, too.

Billie Jo said...

That pie!!!!!!!!
Those berries!
You do June right, my dear friend.
Hugs!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What gorgeous pictures! That pie looks like I could reach through the computer screen and get a bite. Wish I could. Yes, when we remember all the many things to be thankful for it is a bit overwhelming. Thanks for the reminder! Always a joy to stop by.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Sue,

Yes I do like to piddle too. I don't consider piddling work because it is something I want to do rather than something I have to do. :)

Your potatoes do look wonderful. And that pie... wow!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Kindly, Lorraine

ellen b. said...

I've never seen someone can potatoes before. What is in the liquid? They really look great. You already know how I feel about that pie. :)
Happy Flag day to you and a very happy Father's day weekend to you and yours!

sharon said...

Would to love to know how you can potatoes. That is new to me, but they look delicious! That pie would make a great afternoon snack with a cup of coffee!

Theresa said...

I have a collection of Church cookbooks too and I use them often! Your bounty makes me want some fresh veggies:) That pie is calling my name:) Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

Far Side of Fifty said...

yes I love my Church cookbooks! Your pie looks yummy! I never thought of canning potatoes:)

Shug said...

Oh my goodness......everything on this post looks great!! Especially that great looking Pie. You have been a busy person....

Christine said...

Every time I stop by The Farm, I get so inspired and amazed at how hard you two work!

Psalm 128:2 (NAS) When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you.

Cheryl said...

How is it that whenever I come to Pear Tree Lane Farmhouse, I am suddenly hungry? There is always a bounty of good things at your house, Sue! Oh, that pie . . . (I did not make a strawberry pie this year, so I am especially drawn to that!)

I love that you share all of your bounty with your family! Do they know how blessed they are?

Debbie said...

How good it is to see you are still going strong as ever, and twice as busy. I miss my blogging friends, especially you. Just dropped by to say Hi and thank you for encouraging words and deeds.
Old blogging friend,
Debbie Ofhispasture

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Your posts always inspire me to do some canning. I guess because I live in Idaho, and right smack dab in the middle of potato country, I have never canned potatoes, can you believe it?! My father used to love canned potatoes with steak. He would broil the steak and then put canned potatoes in the hot fat from the steak and fry them...that's the only time I remember eating canned potatoes. Yours look delicious, and that beautiful pie, yum!! Looks like your summer has been just fabulous!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Linda said...

I missed this post in June! Canning potatoes! I would love to do that next year! Since we are in the country half of every month, a garden is more of a reality now than a dream!
Loved every word and every photo!

Aritha V. said...

That pie! Mjammie.