Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"I have some good news and some bad news".

Written by Sue, Friday, June22, 2012                       Hot, humid, temps. high 90's afternoon thunderstorms.
 "Which would you like to hear first?" Familiar words spoken often by Mr P. I always say, "give me the bad news first, because I am counting on the good news being so good that I won't remember the bad." ~smile~
So here is the bad news....
Last Saturday, as I was vacuuming, I noticed the floor by the utility closet was buckling, I opened up and found the floor was wet. Long story, short....Plumber called, leak in the wall found, and since it was Saturday, it could would not be fixed until Monday.... Water was cut off, leak stopped temporarily, and we were stranded  with no water, or so I thought...


 This is the foyer, the water damage has reached all the way to the front door.
                                                     ~What a mess~~
                                                                   ~hoses, tubing and electrical cords eveywhere~

Now for the good news....

Dear husband, who can do just about anything, had installed two extra lines off of our water well for watering the flowers, etc...... all just a few feet from the house, and one hooks up to an outdoor shower. Woo hoo!!, "hold on" say what "no hot water", oh! well! at least we will be clean!!

Monday..... Plumbing fixed, insurance company called, paper work started.

Tuesday,.... a restoration company came out to set up machines to try and get water out of the flooring.

~amazing to watch~
 Adjuster comes to see damage.
Better news...
There was no mold nor mildew found, and what a blessing that was, the floors are drying out nicely.


When the men came to set the machines up I was right in the middle of making relish, one of the workers asked me to sell him a jar! He and the other workers went home with several jars of relish and jams., no charge. ~wink~


A real blessing  for me was that the cucumbers for the relish were the last veggies I would be preserving for at least a few weeks, as we don't know what has to be done to bring our oak floor back to what it should be.
Now here is the best news of all..
 God loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so!!! 1John 4:11~ Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. Psalms 36:5~Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.He is always there for us in all situations!! He has blessed me with  a loving, supportive and encouraging husband.While weathering so many storms of life together, we have learned to lean on our Heavenly Father and each other! We have even joked about how we both are going to miss these "Big, "Loud",   machines. It seems they remind DH of riding in an airplane, to which he likes to sleep, my thought is dh has no problem sleeping anywhere. ~grin~


Enjoy your day,
love,
Sue

20 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Well...praise the Lord! The bad turned out to be not so bad, and the good news never changes!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am so glad that it is being taken care of so quickly!

That is awesome!

You are sweet to send those men home with home canned goodies!

Have a lovely weekend, Sue!

Deanna

Vee said...

So glad that it is working out...good insurance is such a blessing and the Lord was watching out for you. May everything be back up to speed very soon. You married a clever one! And you're a sweetie to send those men home with homemade relishes and jams. What a great day they had!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh my!! no fun....now you could just get in that car and come to Texas..we will take care of you while they fix the house.

Benjamin was looking at the United States map marking out a trail to your home...so you have been in our thoughts even though we didn't know what was going on.

Oh we have gone through water damage before, as big of mess as it is, it will all be like new again.

Blessings...look at all those jars...I did salsa and jam yesterday...only a few jars!

Hugs and hang in there

Farm Girl said...

Oh no that is terrible!!! You always have such a great attitude though, seeing God in everything.
So glad you DH is such a handy guy.
I hope it gets fixed and you won't notice the difference. Good thing you caught it when you did.
I will be praying for you.

Lois Christensen said...

I love when someone can see a terrible situation and find ways to be thankful. Beautiful! Sorry you had the problem with the water damage. Hopefully the floors will be good as new! Thanks for the comment. I've been missing your blogging, but I can tell you've been busy! Lovely canning jars!

Patsy said...

The house must have smelled so good the workers just had to have relish. Your way to look at things are the best.
If only the whole world knew how God loves us.

Debbie said...

I love your attitude, and it is a blessing to me to read. I'm so glad that you had a (c c cold) shower and that the damage wasn't as extensive as it could be and that the insurance all worked out well.

All's well that ends well never applied more.

And I'm glad to see an update from you. I kept watching for one.

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Oh my goodness, what a mess!! Thank goodness it all turned out alright!

Loved your scripture references today - just loved them! We are always being blessed, whether we know it or not!

Hugs,
Barb

Christine said...

Ahh... breathing time.
I like how you gave away some of your beautiful jars of canned goods.
That is a great testimony

Cheryl said...

I always choose to hear the bad news first too, Sue! And although I was sorry to hear your bad news, I was truly relieved that it was not bad news about you or Mr. P or any of your dear family. You have had quite a mess though. Oh, isn't it so hard to have your house all in a dither? Thank the Lord that He is providing for your needs...and that you are choosing to be joyful in all of this. Your cheerful heart is a blessing to all who know you. (And I know it was a blessing to the lucky repairmen who went home with special homemade goodies!)

As always, it is good to hear from you today. Your posts are so encouraging! (As are your sweet comments over at Thinking About Home...I smile when you visit.)

{{Hugs}},
Cheryl

Debbie said...

So sorry about your inconvenience. Glad you found it when you did! I know you'll be glad to get everything back to normal. Isn't insurance wonderful? :D
Debbie

Doniene said...

God is soooo good!!! Thanks for sharing how He makes a difference in your life!! I know He does in mine!! Your bountiful garden - wow! I haven't had that for a couple of years - we have just been so hot and dry! But hopefully I will have a few things this year!

Blessings sweet Sue!!

Unknown said...

That's really amusing that you have handle the situation and there is no further damage. I also have to say that you have managed to keep yourself and your family safe from the water damage. I am working in water damage repair malibu and it's really hard to restore the situation after sometime if the quick steps have not been taken.

Anonymous said...

Oh we have gone through water damage too -- more like a flood -- but thanks to fast working friend we were able to save our wood floor - so I feel for ya and know what a Totally mess it is to deal with..
Gee - awesome jars filled = a lot of hard work..
Hugs for a better days..

Elena said...

Wow, that is too bad about all the damamge but it is cool to hear how everything worked out. It reminds me of the scripture that all things work out for good to those who are called according to His purpose. Blessings to you today dear Sue.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

So glad that turned out well in the end- it could have been a major disaster!

Carol said...

Goodness, what a mess! So happy to hear everything was taken care of quickly. Your canned relish reminds me of my grandma Ruby's chow chow.

Smiles,
Carol

Southern Lady said...

So glad your story had a happy ending. Hope your floors can be restored and things are back to normal soon.

Angela said...

Your canning jars are so beautiful -- and so many! My mom had to have her entire house refloored after the washing machine malfunctioned. Not so fun, but nice when it's all done. I'll bet the workers will be doing their best work for such a nice hostess:)