Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Time For An Update~

Written by Sue, January 30, 2020     cool, sunny 50's nice day. 

We are moving right along here at the farmhouse, Mr P. is improving each day, according to the PT he is right on target with his physical therapy.~smiling~

There are not enough words to say, 'thank you' to our children and Charlie, (Susan's boyfriend), for all their sacrificing by  moving in with us, to help with dh's recovery, without their help I don't know how we would have managed, both before and after surgery.

Our second son, 'Dre' takes care of the animals,which he loves and says he is having a blast, he sent me a text while we were at the hospital, saying, "Man,I love this farm."

He helps Susan get dh to PT, this morning he is dressed and ready for his pt session, he really likes his pt.


I am given orders to rest while they are gone, but most of the time I am busy, except for today, I decided I wanted to give an update and blog.Hope to visit y'all this afternoon ~wink~

However, yesterday, I wanted to make them think I was leisurely sitting in the sun, so I made some fruit water, picked out a nice goblet,  when I saw then driving in at the driveway, I grabbed my glass and was sitting in the rocker on the porch, but I had not fooled them at all, they saw all the work I had done while they were gone. Oh! well! I tried!~grin~

Susan also takes care of the nursing, 'i.e.' medication, ice therapy, errands, helps me clean,


they pitch in with laundry, even the guys. They all help with anything that is needed. ~wink~

 I take care of the cooking, bathing and giving extra TLC to Mr. P., I also have the night shift.~wink~ I think we have a pretty good team going! I give so much thanks to our Heavenly Father for His divine guidance, in all of this!

Proverbs, 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths!

The highlight of our day is at night, sitting by the fire talking and reminiscing of old times, I think being spoiled by his children, having this special time with them is helping his recovery! I am also thankful for pain meds. too! There is so much laughing and a lot of the time we seem to all be talking at once! This is what happens when you don't see one another for a while, as most of our children live out of state. Soon, this will be another  memory tucked away in my heart and  another one for the book I am writing, called "Life"!
Proverbs,17:22~ A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.

I want thank each of you, my dear friends, for your prayers and kind thoughts, it has meant so much to me, more than you know! Friends, like family are one of God's most treasured gifts to us., I treasure you dearly!πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›
Love, 
Sue

"ps"
They are now home from pt,  I will try and visit you soon.πŸ’ͺπŸ’“πŸ˜…




16 comments:

Vee said...

So glad that you’re having this time together. It sounds like fun except you and Mr. Pear Tree Lane may be working too hard. How wonderful that you have good help! It’s hard to find, I’m told. Prayers and more prayers for an excellent recovery and may the pain fade off to nuthin soon.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you for giving up your rest time to update us!! Your husband is so cute! You have all done such a great job of dividing up the chores. LOVE the picture of the donkeys loving your son! That's a mighty pretty blue truck. Without pain killers, our generation would be so miserable!

Sandi said...

Glad everyone is doing well. I am surprised how fast people can recover from surgery.

So...you have a herd of donkeys? I see one here and there at farms around here. I have never seen a herd! 😊 I always thought people got one to guard other animals like they do with llamas.

"Proverbs, 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths!"

Amen!

ellen b. said...

What a blessing from God your team of helpers are! So great. Your hubby looks very happy to have the help, too. How nice that you can stay home and kind of rest while hubby is taken to PT. Nice try tricking them. I'm happy to read the update and to hear how to continue praying. Those talks by the fire sound good. Blessings!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Such a good report! Our children are really our angels...isn't it wonderful!? I'm so glad they are taking care of you as well. After all the years of marriage, we really do, as the scriptures tell us, become one, when they hurt, so do we! Loved your post Sue!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful to have children that are able to help you! That is really special. Mr P looks a bit pale...my brother had his surgery Jan 23 and he is struggling with pain too and starts PT tomorrow. Take care!

Theresa said...

What a wonderful support system. I know that you are thankful for each one pitching in to help! Enjoy your day dear friend, sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Christine said...

I can feel the love in your words for your family and friends who came to help! It's when we rely on each other and serve them with love, that just tickles our fancy.

You cracked me up with your drink, sitting on the porch! I bet you didn't fool anyone because we all know YOU!

Mr. P looks so GOOD!

wisps of words said...

So happy for your good news!!!!!!

And thank you for your comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am so glad your DH is doing well. You are blessed to have such loving help! xo

happyone said...

Glad to hear all is progressing well.
What a blessing to have your family helping out so much!

CHERI said...

Glad that your DH is improving...he sure is a handsome guy. And your children are wonderful to help so much. That's what family should do. Now don't you work too hard. Hubby needs you:)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Dear Sue, Thank you so much for your comment on my latest post on Closed Doors, Open Windows. I am so happy to meet you and get acquainted with you and your lovely home, farm, and family. I have read back a few of your recent posts to figure out the whole story...and I love what I see, so you are being added to my list of favorite blogs to read! Praying for your hubby's quick return to his happy farm life...looks like he is getting plenty of loving tender care on his road to recovery! What a blessing! Looking forward to getting better acquainted here in the future. Have a blessed and beautiful day!

Cheryl said...

It is so heartwarming to see your family all pulling together to help you through this challenge!! And even better that you are all having fun and making memories as you go! You and Mr. P have raised some kind and generous hearts!

Continued prayers for a full recovery!

Pam said...

Hi Sue, thanks for dropping by the blog and leaving a comment. Sounds like you have you hands full and staying busy, but it also sounds like you have amazing help. That is always a great thing when folks jump in and help. Hoping Mr. P continues to heal nicely and things get back to normal. Yes, getting married twice I think would mean they are MARRIED!Funny thing was that they went to my friend that owns the venue to get married and true to how Julie is, Amber asked it not be told and Julie did not tell. But to also think that my daughter thought I would not figure it out!!!!Come on I raised her, I know her...

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You are blessed to have such wonderful help from your children. Aren’t they a blessing?? I pray that your dear hubby continues to recover from the surgery and that PT goes well. You take care, too.