Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"New beginnings"

Written by Sue,Wednesday, January 8, 2020   sunny, cool temps. 50


I love a new year, I start to write  a new chapter in my book of "Life". The week between Christmas and New Years is usually spent at a slower pace than previous weeks, it is a time Mr P. and I reflect on the past year, make plans and anticipate the year ahead. Since I decorate early, I like to have all of my Christmas decorations, packed 

and put away, as soon as possible, it makes things feel clean and refreshing as we begin a new year! Task at hand is completed!

 Each Christmas, DH makes Mother a fruit basket.


in return she bakes him one of his favorite cakes, this year it was a Japanese fruitcake, so delicious.


We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birthday of our Savior, it was simple, slow paced, and just plane sweet! Luke 2:14~"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill to men!"


 As usual Christmas Eve Day was at my Mother's home for a most delicious lunch and exchange of gifts with, Mother, my brother, his family, and us; my sisters could not make it this year, for health issues.


  Later we went to Susan and Charlie's for another delicious meal, with friends for an authentic Mexican dinner, it was so delicious, the weather was great, afterwards we sat by a campfire and talked for hours.
A fruit platter I made, the dip is so easy and so delicious.,8oz cream cheese,7 oz. marshmallow cream,2 TBS. orange juice, orange zest,voila' 

Christmas Day we were back over at their home for leftovers, still delicious, and opening of gifts.
Would you believe I didn't take any photos, and this is the first year I didn't have any special dinners at the farmhouse, I think I was a bit spoiled, how say you.

And so... the New Year begins, once the decorations are put away, I am ready to clean and bring order back to the farmhouse. I like the word,"order", I also like the word, "clean". ~wink~ I am finding it is taking me a little longer these days to complete these tasks.💪😅

We always receive a new devotional book from dear daughter at Christmas, this is our one for 2020, beautiful photos and thoughts from the mountains.



Because we like our previous devotional books so much we have incorporated them with the new one, thus our time  in the morning seems to get longer and longer. ~grin~ One of the perks of being semi-retired.~smile~

We don't make resolutions, however we do set goals, I have found that  there is a difference, that resolutions seem to be more vague, whereas goals are more specific and planned. Since I am a list maker this works for me.
So how is your New Year going, what are your goals for the New Year!

We have been busy with the ewes lambing, we  always have a Christmas lamb, this is Noel, our first one, she was born Christmas Eve night, we now have 16 and counting, I love to see them together, they remind me of children, running and playing. I will try and get a video soon.

Joe is so sweet, he always greets me when I walk by the pasture, and waits for me to give him a head scratch!We have eight donkeys with three more on the way.Uncle Joe was a little upset with me that he didn't get to wish you a Merry Christmas, so I promised him that he could wish you a very Blessed, and Happy  New Year, as I do also.

Love,
Sue




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What beautiful animals you have!! I love the new devotional! Since we live surrounded by mountains, I am going to look it up on Amazon. What a wonderful holiday you had! Surrounded by family and loved ones. I have never heard of Japanese fruitcake. Our decorations are still up, and you remind me that they must come down! Several are not specific to Christmas, but are just for winter, so that will make it easier. I love your Mom's pretty cabinet with the red paint!

Mrs.T said...

That new devotional looks like a beautiful book. My hubby is retiring from his full time logging job in a couple more days, and we look forward to devotional time together as well.

The fruit platter looked scrumptious and the dip sounds delicious and easy.

Your Christmas lamb is so sweet and Noel is a perfect name for her!

Our Christmas decor is still up. Plenty of snow and cold to go along with it, too!

Mrs.T said...

Oh, and looking up Devotions from the Mountains led me to Devotions by the Lake. The lake one was more expensive than the mountain one by far on Amazon, so I found a "very good" used copy on Thriftbooks. It will be something enjoyable to use together for our devotions.

Vee said...

Oh I am sorry that your sisters were unable to make the festivities. I hope that they are on the mend. Everything sounds so tasty. Your mother continues to be an inspiration. I’ll do anything not to bake, yet your mom is still baking and gifting. It looks as if there are many good cooks in the family. You’re doing a great job getting things back in order. I am a bit behind you, but happily enjoying my world. The critters are so cute! This is your busy season, isn’t it? Looks nice and warm there. It’s 22° here, but cozy as can be inside. Happy 2020, Sue!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, and I just love that you sweet mother still has a Christmas lunch at her home...she's just beautiful!

I don't make resolutions either, I think a few goals are okay, but I usually just choose a word, this year mine is, "Focus".

I love all of your animals! Uncle Joe is so cute, you are so blessed, Sue!! Have a wonderful new year!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Happy New Year!
What a beautiful Christmas celebration!
And I am in total love with your Tub Storage system!!!!!
Precious little lamb too. : )
Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like your new year is off to a good start, Sue . . . tidy, organized, and with sweet memories tucked into the heart! I am sorry that your sisters could not be with you, and I hope that their health improves (or has improved already). Oh, those sheep . . . ❤

Theresa said...

I worked on my Christmas decorations yesterday. It is a job but nice to have it all packed away for another year. I gave my Daughter and Step-daughter a devotional book for Christmas. It was recommended by one of my blog friends. Your Mother is beautiful and I know you love spending those wonderful times with her. Tell Joe, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from me:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Edna B said...

Your new books sounds very interesting. I had to copy your recipe for the dip for the fruit because it sounds so tasty. Do you have a rescue farm? I just love all your animals. You have a wonderful New Year. Hugs, Edna B.

Arlene G said...

Oh Sue, I am with you..putting away the Christmas and cleaning my house makes for a good start to the New Year. I loved your Christmas photos. My mother also made Japanese Fruit Cake for Christmas. She is not able to do so anymore so seeing your mom's was a treat. One of my good friends raises goats and they had a Christmas baby that they are bottle feeding. He is so cute. I hope and pray that 2020 will be a good year!

happyone said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and ready for the new year.
The lamb and so cute and so of course is Joe. : )

ellen b. said...

Love those long morning devotional times since we are retired. Such a blessing. Looks like you had many meaningful and good meals with loved ones over Christmas. What a blessing that your mom can still host. Perfect name for a lamb born on Christmas Eve! A very Happy New Year to you and yours dear Sue!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I was late in decorating this year so everything is still up but I am gathering to the dinning room table the little things that are out around the house so it's all in one place except for the ornaments on the trees. Looks like our collections are very similar in size!
That's a lovely fruit basket and her cake that she made looks delicious. Your nativity is beautiful. The gathering looks lovely but sorry about your sister's having health issues. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and New Year's. Noel is adorable and so is Joe.

playbajar said...

If your life is stressful, you are aware of how it affects every aspect of your life. Continue reading for simple tips to help you cope with stress and lead a happier life!
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

If the stress in your life is causing any of the problems mentioned at the beginning of this article, like relationship and health problems, make sure you don't let this cycle continue! Apply these tips today and every time you need to so that you can stay healthy and happy.satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

If the stress in your life is causing any of the problems mentioned at the beginning of this article, like relationship and health problems, make sure you don't let this cycle continue! Apply these tips today and every time you need to so that you can stay healthy and happy.satta king
play bazaar