Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Blogland's long lost sheep has found her way home!

 Written by Sue, Thursday, September 1, 2022,      Sunny, hot, humid, just an ordinary late summer day 90's

Hello Everyone,

I am almost to ashamed to write a post, don't even know where to begin, I not only quit writing, I just dropped out of blogland, and all social media, once in a while I stopped by instagram or Facebook to check in on family and friends. 

Usually folks know when they are taking some time off and post about it, I didn't know I was leaving until I was gone!....... So much for that for now!

Where to begin,

We had a wedding, Susan met  and fell in love with a widower with three children, they were married in early April, the weather  turned really cold, the day  of the outdoor ceremony, it was held at a very dear friends home!

It was warm and sunny at the rehearsal! I can only imagine what she was thinking, like most brides they want everything to be perfect, and it was!!We all had kept up with the weather report!

The next day  was cloudy and cold, but our hearts were so warm, and so happy for them! Her brother performed the ceremony, he is without a jacket because he took it off and placed it around the shivering  bridesmaid's shoulders, who  happened to be the grooms 12 yr. old daughter, she was such a trooper! I would have had more photos today, but was having a hard time downloading, hopefully soon!


πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

 We planted, 


harvested, our vegetables,

 preserved a lots of vegetables. 

English peas~

Sweet corn,many more!

Each season,I try and learn something new in preserving food, we enjoy all kinds of soup, and eat it year round, especially when the weather gets chilly!~wink~ This is bacon and bean soup, it was so delicious, I say was' because it's all gone. Planning to make more real soon.

We also had a few bumps in the road, My precious mother had surgery, she is doing remarkably well, she has gone back to cleaning her own home, canning lots of vegetables, and is still baking goodies for her policemen, mailman and anyone else in her neighborhood! I absolutely am amazed at her stamina, if she would bottle and sell it I would be first in line. ~smile~


Mr P and I  contracted a variant of covid in July, he did quiet well, however it has taken me a little longer to recover, but  I am back to exercising and trying to regain my strength! 

This is just a small portion of what we have been up to ,these past seven months, please bear with me as I try to catch up and  journal our days here at Pear Tree Lane Farmhouse.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

I thought you might like to see some cute photos.

We kept Zeke, while Susan and Chad were honeymooning, we already had other quests and  since it had turned so cold we decided to make a temporary, makeshift nursery in the laundry room! He just didn't know what to think of them.

Once he realized they weren't going to eat him , he decided he wanted to get in the box and play, but they  emphatically let him know that wasn't going to happen. 
BTW.....Some of these same chicks are now crowing, others are laying eggs!

We are all facing uncertain times, be encouraged for we know who is in charge, and that is, our heavenly Father, the God, and greater of this universe.
Proverbs 15:3! The eyes of the Lord are in everyplace, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Until next time

Love,

Sue

16 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

It's so wonderful to hear from you again and know that you are doing well. I have wondered, but I thought I might have missed something somewhere because I don't always keep up like I should. I'm so glad to know it wasn't anything seriously wrong...and I pray you will soon have your strength completely back since the Covid. That is no fun. We had it last year, but thankfully it was mild. Love the happy bride and groom pictures, etc. Congratulations to them. And I love your garden/canning, etc. photos, and especially what they represent! Amazing! The puppy/chicks photos are the best. So cute. Please take care and I hope you will be able to stay in touch with us more often now. God bless you and keep you always.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Welcome back, it has been quite awhile. I am so glad you are alright after getting Covid! Zeke & the cicks are adorable!

Vee said...

Welcome back to your bloggy home.

Your daughter did well not to shiver through the ceremony. Warm best wishes to the newlyweds.

Thank you for the good reminder that God is in charge. The times are worrying for sure, but!

Your mom is a marvel. I, too, would like some of her energy. Too often, my "want to" didn't.

Don't burn yourself out, Sue. We'd rather have you post now and again than to go poof.

Mrs. White said...

The wedding must have been lovely! Thank you for writing! I also think your Mother is inspiring! To bake for those in the neighborhood is so kind and comforting!

ellen b. said...

How very nice to see a post pop up from you dear Sue! It was good to hear what you've been up to. Your daughter looked so lovely for her wedding. Glad both you and hubby recovered from the big C. Your mother and your stamina in all the growing and preserving of food amaze me! Well done. Our kids are now into freeze drying food these days. It's been fun sampling many things in a different form. Happy Labor Day weekend to you!!

happyone said...

Sure is nice to see you posting again. You have been missed. Congrats to your daughter and new son in law on their wedding. :)
Glad to hear your mom is doing well.
We both had covid back in May but had pretty mild cases.
Fun to see the pictures of Zeke and the baby chicks.
You amaze me with all the canning and preserving you do!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm happy to read your post and catch up with you too. It's been a busy year for you and I am so happy for your daughter. What a sweet family they make. Hope you continue to feel better. Take care!

Christine said...

Sue,
You have a inspiritional garden! I don't have a farm like you but you motivate me to do more! Especially perserving.

Congratulations to you and Susan!

R's Rue said...

Welcome back. I love your garden. And I love soup. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Carla from The River said...

Welcome Back my friend. It was fun to catch up with you.
We also have been busy harvesting. :-) We made Salsa yesterday.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Your daughter is a lovely bride. Your garden produced quite a harvest. Preserving food is a lot of work, but so worth it! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! xo

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
So happy to see you are back. You have had a lot going on. Congratulations on your Daughters marriage, she looked lovely. Also happy to hear your sweet Mom is doing so well, she really is amazing. It is so good that you do all that canning and food preservation, these days it is a very wise thing to do. I need to check into how to can myself. Really neat that you canned soup as well, and yall sure had a great harvest this year. Awesome.
So good to see you post again hon. Have a lovely September,
Love and Blessings,
Nellie

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice to see your blog pop up in my blog reader! What a beautiful bride! Wow you must be feeling pretty good after covid to do all that canning:)

Deanna Rabe said...

Sue! How wonderful to see your post!

Congratulations to you all!

CHERI said...

Sue, seems like you and I both stepped away from blogging for awhile. Thank you so much for commenting on my latest post...such a nice comment and I appreciate it so much. I always reply to the comments on my blog but Blogger is not letting me do that. I tried but all I could do was reply anonymously....what's up with that???? Sometimes blogger really aggrevates me! Maybe you and I both will find more to blog about. You certainly have had a lot of projects going on. I cook and in the summer we freeze vegetables but I've never tried canning. And at this point in my life, I'm probably not going to try it:)

NanaNor's said...

Dear Sue, So good to catch up with you and see what has gone on this summer. Sorry you got Omicron-I had it in Feb., but it wasn't too bad. I haven't been blogging hardly at all, just staying busy with life. Bless you and Mr. P and all that you do. Loved the wedding photos.
Hugs and Prayers,
Noreen