Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

should I or should I not,

write a post before 2022 ends? This was the question I asked myself this morning.   So here I am.

Hoping everyone  had a very Merry Christmas, you are staying warm and cozy,  and are looking forward to the New Year. 

Christmas Day was very quiet and relaxed for Mr P and I, we both stayed in our pjs most of the day, except when DH went to attend to the animals. 

Our ewes are lambing, we are up to 30 new babies,(pics, real soon), we always have a Christmas lamb born on Christmas Day. 

We had lots of events leading up to Christmas Day. Some of the grandkids came over to make gingerbread houses.

We baked and decorated  cookies .

decorated cookies.





He had the most important job,.... head of the cleanup committee, ~wink! always with a smile!
Christmas Eve was celebrated with Daughter and her family, we had our traditional meal of oyster stew, and chicken enchilada soup! so yummy! After gifts were exchanged, we have another tradition that is, reading of the Christmas story, with everyone sharing their thoughts of what Christmas means to them, ending with a prayer of thanksgiving of the greatest gift given to us all.

In late November,our second son,his fiancee, one of our grandsons and his family came for a  weekend our son cooked a seafood dinner for us all, that was such a nice treat.

Playtime!

First time gathering eggs.
Always time for a nap!
We ended the weekend by having a get together with family and friends at Susan and Chad's home, this was so special to us as we haven't seen friends in a  long while because of Covid 19! 

We visited Mother, she received her usual Christmas basket of fruit from Mr P, she sent us home with a big pot of homemade vegetable soup, ('we eat lots of soup around here'),(wink)


My Christmas decorating was should I say, minimal, that is compared to previous years, but it was so nice, I have really enjoyed our family tree so much this year,


 there are so many memories on this tree, ornaments made by our children when they were young and ornaments made by their children.

  The tinsel and bubbling lights are placed there by me,as a memory of my childhood. We always had both on our tree, I remember as a young girl, I wanted to toss the tinsel, but my Dad said no, we must place the tinsel very carefully  on the branches, and so it goes. 


Usually my decorations are packed and put away before New Year's Eve, but not this year, I am going to enjoy them a while longer. 

Thank you so much for visiting, and indulging my meandering! 

Wishing everyone a most blessed, 

prosperous and

Happy New Year!

Sue

Written by Sue,Tuesday, December 27, 2022, very cold but sunny, temps 40!





14 comments:

Mrs. White said...

You have a lovely home and family! The tinsel on the tree looks so beautiful and nostalgic.

It is always nice to see how you are doing. I hope you have a joyful New Year! God bless!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your tree is gorgeous! And your mom is looking sharp. The cookies turned out so pretty. You got great candid family shots, too!

happyone said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with family.
Love those cookies - delicious looking.

Vee said...

Hi Sue! I consider this post a gift of Christmas. So nice to see all your wonderful pictures of family and to read about your activities. Your mother is lovely as always and I think the sheep would have enjoyed seeing the farmer in the buffalo plaid jammies. Thank you for the good wishes for the New Year. I wish you and yours a wonderful and blessed 2023.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!! Such a lovely post from you today! I so enjoyed sharing Christmas with you. Everything is so cozy and beautiful! Merry Christmas and Happy and Blessed New Year, my friend!

Theresa said...

Warm and cozy Christmas post. It made me smile all the way to the end. I love the little lamb and what a special time getting new babies. Your Mom is gorgeous and what a blessing to visit with her. Enjoy the rest of this year and I pray you have a Happy and healthy 2023. HUGS!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Belated Merry Christmas Sue,
So good to see you post, am so glad to see you are okay, as you have been on our prayer list for a while now. So glad to hear you had such a nice Christmas season. Loved all your lovely pictures. and yes, you definitely should post before the New Year!! lol

May 2023 be a better year for all of us.
Love and Many Blessings to you and yours for the New Year.
Nellie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh and that lil lamb was so sweet. That is so neat you have one born every christmas. What a sweet gift from the Lord.
Blessings,
Nellie

Deanna Rabe said...

Sue,
This post made me so happy!

Family gathering, good times, good food, lambs!

I'm glad you all had such a great Christmas, and your mother looks wonderful!

ellen b. said...

Hello Sue, so nice to see this post pop up and to catch up with your gatherings the last couple months. Your get togethers looked so joyful and meaningful. God bless you and yours in the New Year!

Cheryl said...

Your decorating does not look minimal . . . but just right! Often, simpler is better, and your tree is so meaningful with its treasured decorations. Thanks for sharing your lovely celebrations, those at your house and those you attended. So many happy smiles! And even a lamb for Christmas!

Blessings in the New Year, dear friend!

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful post, Sue! I'm so happy you went ahead and wrote it!

Have a blessed New Year.

Schotzy said...

Many thanks. Sue., for your sweet comment. I really thank you for your prayers. Unfortunately, as my memory isn't what it used to be. I enjoyed catching up on your beautiful blog. I can understand blogging for the sake of family. Our one and only child lives 7 states away, and we visit rarely. I am expecting a bit of FaceTime directly once the girls get home form school , age 7 and 9. I can never get enough of being with them all! God bless you!!!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Sue,
Oh I enjoyed reading your blog post Sue. I missed you.
It was fun to catch up with you.
Carla