Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

So... How do you begin your day?

 Written by Sue, Saturday, July 22,2023    cloudy, very warm, and humid, 90's. high heat index

Most people are creatures of habit, I know I am, I am an early riser, always have been. My morning routine goes like this, upon awakening, I do stretching exercising, up to bathroom, to test, blood glucose, all the while praying for a good reading, then I take my blood pressure. Coffee pot catches my eye,sitting there on the counter so pristine waiting for me to pick her up, add water and coffee grounds with a pinch of sea salt, I like freshly brewed coffee). Turn burner on and precede to warm the cream adding a touch of vanilla extract sometimes cinnamon. ~smile~ while waiting I pour myself a glass of water adding minerals, I warm coffee cup with hot water. Now  the moment has arrived, fresh brewed coffee, it not only smells divine it taste so delicious.

What's next?

I walk to my favorite sitting area, where my bible, devotional books, notebook and pen await, this is the most special time of day for me, this time with God sets the tone for my day. 


One of my favorite devotional writers is Lysa, TerKeurst, I have gained so much insight in  so many spiritual matters, and have been challenged in so many ways. A  prayer that she prays each day, has now become a prayer I pray, it just spoke so vividly to my heart......

 "Lord I want to see You. Lord I want to hear You. Lord I want to know You. So that I can follow hard after You."

Psalm 119:18~ Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your Law. 

Do you have a routine to begin each day? I will add,  there have been days when I would have to stray from my normal routine, and it just didn't seem right.

****************************************************************************

I must add it has been such a busy summer for us, our garden produced lots of vegetables, herbs, and the chickens gave us  lots of  eggs. I have canned, dehydrated, and learned a new skill, to ferment  produce this year. 

These are the last of the tomatoes, I have made Italian sauce, spaghetti meat sauce, and plain tomatoes.

I have an abundance of cucumbers so today is relish making day, one of my favorite things to make.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.

Blessings.

Sue


7 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Hello Sue,
What a lovely amount of canning you have done. I am in the midst of the canning right now. Oh, yes, without my morning quiet time I would be completely off kilter.
Your coffee sounds so good and all of your produce is just lovely.
I do enjoy early summer mornings. Its been warm here so I end up doing my weeding and my picking before the sun comes up, then I come back in and have my quiet time. Since chances are I will be inside the rest of the day.
Sometime you just have to go with it.
I am sure the Lord understands.
So nice to read your blog this morning. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have been so busy! It makes my back hurt just reading this! I have heard that coffee tastes better with a bit of salt. How much do you add to a cup?

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

My goodness, as usual, you have been so busy. My early mornings are much like yours. I got straight to the coffee pot, grab a cup and head to have my quiet time and then to the shower. So good to catch up with you.

Mrs. White said...

You have a wonderful morning routine. I love your devotional time especially. What a blessed way to begin the day. It is good to see all the fresh produce you have and how you take such good care of it by preserving it all.

I am grateful for your comment on my blog about our flooding. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers! God bless you!

Mrs.T said...

My day begins much like yours ... coffee and time with the Lord. Such a rich, rich blessing that I am so thankful for.

Your garden produce is amazing!

ellen b. said...

You are a very productive lady! Yes, a day does not seem well spent without that morning devotion time setting the tone and the expectations of the day. That's a worthwhile prayer. Give us eyes to see and the follow through of obedience! Good to see your post pop up, Sue!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
So good to see you post. Somehow I missed these last 2 posts, and just happened on them this morning. Love all that canning you do, and wish I lived near you, I would ask you to teach me. In these days we are living in it is a particularly good skill to have.
I like that prayer too, I heard another christian on the 'Better Together" show on TBN say they pray that too. I think it was Sheila Walsh. I have been praying that too. Interesting and amazing to me how the Lord knows how to spread a teaching that he wants everyone to know, cause all of a sudden you start hearing or reading the same thing every where.
Well, you take care and glad you are still kicking over their on the farm.
Blessings Hon,
Nellie