Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

 Written by Sue, Thursday April 11, 2024       Rain, very windy, temps. 70's

Hello, dear Friends, my,... it has been quite a while since we have visited, much to long for sure. I will try and make this a short post  today, as I want to have some time to visit  over at your homes.

The past nine months have had a few ups and downs, mainly dealing with a few health issues with myself and family, last fall my Mother was in the hospital for a lengthy stay, and was doing quite well until this past week, she now has a chronic case of bronchitis as well as a bad sinus infection that is affecting her eyes. Please remember her in your prayers.Thank you so much.

Like you and as always  I am so busy with farm chores and it seems I am always looking and finding new ways to preserve food, there is always something brewing on the kitchen counter top and pantry shelves.


 I learned to make fire cider, good for immune system.


Have I mentioned that I learned to make apple cider vinegar, It turned out so well.


We planted our vegetable gardens, the garlic is really growing, as you can see I need to do some weeding.


The potatoes are really big, it looks like there will be an early harvest.


I will be replenishing  the  herb garden as soon as this weather clears up. I have already purchased a few herb, to plant Saturday.



We also visited our favorite wholesale nursery for our ferns which have been repoted into hanging baskets.

I enjoy this time of year, everything refreshes itself, there seems to be more optimism in the air of new beginnings,{Hope} if you will, If there was ever a time for Hope for a brighter future it is now. Always my  Faith and trust  remains  in the Lord Jesus Christ! 

Much love from me to you,

Sue

p.s. So sorry for long and boring post,💤😱💤

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Sue, so good to hear from you. Praying right now for your dear mom. Hugs.

Deanna Rabe said...

Sue!
I'm so happy to see a post from you!

Good for you to learn to make apple cider vinegar and fire cider!

Susie said...

Well Sue you can make more than I can. I can make a mess. LOL. I thought the canned things looked interesting but was not sure what it was. I like that you have a green house. Nice. Praying for your mom, we all love our mommies. I sure do miss mine. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Cheryl said...

Sue, I'm never bored when I hear from you! Your hands are always busy as you work on the farm . . . making a home and caring for others! I am sorry that your dear mother is not well. I will pray for her!

Take care! {{{hugs}}}

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh I was so happy to see you post, I have been concerned about you, and am glad to see you are okay.......sorry to hear about your beautiful Mom, sending up some prayers for her now. Your post are never boring, I so enjoy them.
Hope you get to post more often now.
Love and Blessings,
Nellie

Far Side of Fifty said...

Life can be overwhelming sometimes. Prayers for your Mom and for you too...daughters need prayers too when they are helping take care of their Mothers!