Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Oh! Happy Day!!
written by Sue, Tuesday, February 15, 2011
What a glorious sun shine day we awoke to, so we decided to not waste it. Dear One and I hit the road. We drove through the country side, yes! I know we live in the country, but we also like to ride over to the next county to see what our neighboring farmers have been doing. Did you know that.....
courtesy of Corbis images

Farmers like to spy on each other? You know, making sure that Farmer Smith is not getting ahead of him in farming! LOL We found that they were right along with us.lol Our weather has been so wonderful this week, and we are expected to hit the 80 degree mark by the end of the week. Woo Hoo! Garden here I come. I am so longing to get my hands in the soil, and dig.
The truth is we will be planting some early crops this week for my garden.... beets, lettuce, garden peas, and potatoes. I have decided to once agin try my hand at asparagus as I was not successful the last time. I found some sets today!
I will be starting my herbs from seed too! One of the things we bought today were some herb seed packets at Wal-Mart. I was really surprised at their quality and price.
courtesy of Corbis images
Beginning to feel like my old self again, thank you once again for your prayers.
Sue

14 comments:

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

I Love! that photo of the couple in the car.

I'm so happy to hear your starting to feel a little better. It sounds like you had a wonderful day, it's so fun to just get out and go for a drive, and I too like to see what's going on around town :o)

I'm praying for your health. Enjoy the nice weather!
God bless you,
Michele

Southern Lady said...

Oh, Sue, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and are able to get out and enjoy your spring-like weather. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your garden. I know it's going to be worthy of the pages of a magazine.

Take care of yourself and don't overdo.

Cheryl said...

"YAY" for feeling like yourself again! It's been a hard winter for lots of folks, I think.

Happy gardening, Sue!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you have got some wonderful weather ahead...it has been glorious here too, but we woke to rain this morning and it is to continue for 4 days...sigh...I am sooo happy to hear you are practically back to your old self..YAY...I tell you these bugs anymore just seem to hold on forever...How wonderful to plant a big garden. Truthfully I have never had more than some tomatoe bushes so it is hard for me to relate. But I have always been soo intriqued by it all. I sooo appreciate all the prayer for Mel...she has hit a VERY small bump in the road already so they are appreciated more than you could know. ENJOY your gardening!! Love you Sue, Debbie

Vee said...

Perhaps that drive to the next county had restorative qualities. Yay! So I must look at Wal*Mart to see what our local facility offers. I'd love to plant something from seed, though it is perhaps still too early here. Enjoy those warm temps!

Happy@Home said...

Hi Sue,
So glad to hear that you are feeling good again and able to get out and check up on the local farmers. I had to smile just reading about your adventure.
It is such an exciting time of year with the weather beginning to warm up. I was thinking about planting peas, but wasn't sure if it was the right time.
To answer your question about my smoothie, that one was just a banana, large handful of strawberries and a little bit of white grape juice. Often I will put yogurt into it, but I didn't have any that day.
Enjoy your week.

Jenni said...

Oh, it's wonderful to hear you are feeling better! I sure prayed for you....

And I llove that picture of the couple in the car....

Sounds like y'all had a fun and relaxing, happy day...

Best wishes, Jenni

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Sue,
So glad you are getting your strength back and feeling like your self again!
It's fun getting in the car with your honey and just taking a ride. We just did the same thing over the weekend! Went an hour away to a beautiful lake.
If you're starting to plant-you are going to be a busy girl. Be careful not to overdo too soon, now.(smile)
Take care and a big hug to you!

happyone said...

And I thought mid 60's was nice!
Glad you are feeling better.
I like your "coming soon" font.

Bobbie said...

Hi Sue, so good to hear you are feeling better. Oh, 80 degrees sounds wonderful! We're supposed to be having close to 70 on Friday which is unusual for this time of year.
Have fun planting!

Julie Harward said...

Such good news to hear about you...spy on my dear! ;D

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yea for starting to feel like yourself again...answered prayers! And what a way to celebrate feeling better but to get out in the country and drive around...my most cherished way of relaxing.
Oh I am going to play in the dirt tomorrow....in my small patch of land. Herbs are on the top of the list!!

Enjoy, and continued healing in Jesus Name!

Elena said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! How nice to have such nice weather coming your way. We are having a dip in the temp and they are predicting snow! It won't be too bad since we have not had any snow since November. Lots of rain thankgoodness, but now snow! Your garden sounds so nice!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Great to hear you are feeling like your old self again! :)