Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Welcome to Christmas at the farmhouse.


Written by Sue, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011,                             Absolutely beautiful, sunny, cool day, temps. 60's
We have been waiting for you, so while the tea is brewing, let me show you around,... we are so happy to see you.


The foyer~ 
has our nativity tree..

The "reason for the season"


Tree topper
Coming down the stairs,


View from dining room.

Dining room~


I guess you can tell I like birds~smile~
I like to look in the little houses and imagine what life was like in days gone by, when life was so much simpler, harder but simpler.


 Little Chick  needed some dressing  up..

 living room~

We have had these ornaments for years, tinsel on a tree brings back so many memories of my childhood. My Dad always had a certain way of putting it on the tree. We children just wanted to throw it up, but "no no" Dad would say, "you are to hang them on each branch."
 He went to bed early
 Isn't he a cutie pie, I always look for him..
 Lots and lots of wooden ornaments!
 This is how I feel about you!! both family and friends
 Mr and Mrs Gingerbread standing watch, just in case someone wants to open presents before Christmas day.~smile~
The mantel I wanted to be very simple, a garland and a few toys.


Sitting room~
Mr P. asked me what I wanted for Christmas,. I don't know of anything I really need,.... now wants that is a different story. After a little thought, I asked for a live tree, we had not had one in years, mainly because the last one was not a good one... We found one that I truly love, Oh does it smells so good....

I really  wanted a homespun Old fashion Christmas this year, All ornaments on this tree are hand made, some are almost as old as I am, because they were made by our children, while I was a very young, young, mother. ~grin~  And by grandchildren. I cherish each and everyone, and as the memories flowed so did the tears of joy from time well spent with loved ones.

Hand painted by one of our sons,
This one was painted by Mr P. he does great work, doesn't he?
The fabric ornaments my sister Mary, daughter Susan and I worked on, many many years ago.  I won't say how long because it will give my age away. ~lol~

Granddaughter Abigale's art work.
Granddaughter katie painted these cuties, we call her our "sunshine", thus the smiling faces.
Moi's handy work. ~grin~
I was so blessed many years ago to  sit with our children to make ornaments for our tree, and then later to have the extra blessing of spending quality time with the grandchildren to make other ornaments. To have these ornaments combined on this special tree, is one of the best presents ever.

If you can find the time,... no please make the time, and create memories with your little ones, both your children and grandchildren, these memories will last a lifetime.
This ornament was made by daughter Susan when she lived in Michigan, she made a set of eight, oh! how I do  cherish them.
I put bubbling lights on the tree,they remind me of visiting my grandmother's house at Christmas she always had them on her tree. As a child I loved sitting and watching the lights bubble, and still do. ~smile~
Another one of my most cherished ornaments, it was made by our third son, when he was very young. I thought it deserved to be placed at the top of the tree.

Give me an ornament made with love any day.

Kitchen and breakfast rooms~
Mama Mouse is ready for Christmas eve, for  all the goodies to appear.
Frosty says "let it snow, let it snow."
This is where the sweet shop bakes all those goodies.

These Carolers were made by my mother many year ago, while my Dad was stationed in Alaska, I just adore it.
Wishing you much joy and peace this Christmas!
Please, help yourself to an apron, I could always use the help!

Master bedroom and bath,
our victorian trees~

This angel  is new this year, a special gift from my sister, Mary.
Every Victorian tree needs dolls...
 a few french horns, with a pearl garland.
Tree topper

Mantel 
Master Bath~ 
Crochet ornaments and pearls make this a favorite one of mine.

Son # 2 called yesterday and asked how I was doing with my decorating, it seems he had been waiting to see the farmhouse on my blog, ( I am late, as we have been so busy with the lambs).  Our kids know that when this most blessed season comes that I always dress our home for Christmas, (after all it's a special "birthday" celebration.  Though they won't all be here this year, they still like to connect with "home". "Dear Children" here is the old farmhouse dressed for Christmas, especially for you  You are loved and are missed.

To all who stop by "thank you" for visiting us,...
Mr P and I wish you a very Merry Christmas",
Sue

I  am linking with the nester  for 2011 tour of homes, Much thanks to nester for hosting, and with Kelly at show-us-your-life-christmas-tour- 

30 comments:

Cheryl said...

Along with Son #2, I have been waiting to see you Christmas home, as I do know how you love to celebrate and decorate! I was not disappointed either...your house is stunning! Christmas in every corner! (I do not want to know how much time you spend to make it so festive...although I am curious to know whether you use pre-lit trees. ~smile~ I do not enjoy stringing the lights...too much stress!)

Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas to you and yours as we celebrate the first coming of our Lord!

Carol said...

Your Christmas house is beautiful, so many wonderful things to see and enjoy! Thank you for sharing!

Smiles & Merry Christmas,
Carol

Farm Girl said...

I always enjoy taking a walk through your lovely home. It would be nice to be able to do it in person.
Every single room is better than the last.
So glad you shared.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Wow - I don't know how anyone could not be in the Christmas spirit after visiting your home! It is seriously stunning.

Visiting from The Nester's tour - Merry Christmas!

Vee said...

Ohhh, Sue. You have outdone yourself. Let's just say that I would pay for this tour. Blessings, my dear. Now get some rest. Hope that you can sit down often and enjoy these beautiful trees!

Doniene said...

Absolutely LOVERLY!!!! So cozy, inviting and homey!! I'd love to share a cup of tea with you!!

Blessed Christmas to you and all your family!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

So beautiful!! A wonderful Christmas Paradise!! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely and gorgeous decorated home. Merry Christmas to you and yours! -Tammy

Jenni said...

Sue, I, too, have been eagerly awaiting a tour of the farmhouse all decked for Christmas... and I must say it's well worth the wait!

Simply breathtaking.... Oh My!

Hugs,
Jenni

Leslie said...

Sue, you out did yourself. It looks great!! I love it all.

Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I love to visit the farm anytime, but especially at Christmas. It is all just gorgeous! Such time and love you put into it all...Believe it or not I actually made (years and years ago) some of those very same stuffed ornaments. But here is the REALLY weird one...those carolers of yours that your mother made, my mother had them too!! However two of them were broken or lost somehow over the years and the only one that remains is the one on the far right wearing the hand muff. I LOVED these as a young girl and they just screamed Christmas to me. My mother puts her out still every year. The other day my mom was talking about getting rid of her things etc., (she has been on that A LOT recently, sooo disturbing) and she asked me if I wanted any of her Christmas things after she was gone, and I told her the Christmas caroler girl was all I wanted. She didn't make hers though. Or if she did, she has never mentioned that. I have never seen these anywhere else. Anyway, I would love to see your house in person as I have a feeling these photos don't really do it all justice. Thanks for letting us tour! HUGS

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wow, Sue, your home is so beautifully decorated. It is all just absolutely gorgeous!! I'll have to tour the other homes when it's not so late.
Thanks for letting us tour your beautiful home!

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Oh, I soooooooo love the picture of you welcoming us all into your home. You look beautiful.

I can honestly say that I have never seen decorations more beautiful than yours. As I have stated before, I can see how much love goes into all that you do.

I love that you have a nativity tree. The ornaments your family have made and decorated are beautiful & priceless.

~ God bless you friend, and I want to wish you and your family many blessings as you celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Love and hugs,
Michele

Lois Christensen said...

These pictures are so beautiful and so special! Thank you for sharing all the beauty of your home! I especially loved seeing all the handmade ornaments! Our tree is also filled with them and we love looking at them every year and remembering. And like you, I love that I took the time to help the kids make ornaments. I only wish we did more! Beautiful.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Such a love given treat for your whole family!

Deanna

Farming On Faith said...

Oh I so enjoyed my Christmas tour of your hone. It is just beautiful.

Hope you have a very Merry Christ filled Christmas!

Debbie said...

Sue I had to tell you that I talked to my older sister and she told me that my mother DID make those carolers when she was first married. How funny huh? All these years and I didn't even know she made them herself.n Anyway, I just had to tell you...Hope you had a good day!

annie said...

You have a beautiful home. I love all the decorations, the trees are just so lovely. Thank you for your hospitality! Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Absolutely gorgeous, I just wanted to jump into each picture! I loved all the handmade ornaments. My tree this year is decorated with all homemade ornaments, some that I made, but mostly ornaments that my kids made . . . they are my favorite!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us!

Hugs,
Barb

Christine said...

I came back to look at your pictures again (love your home) and noticed that I didn't leave a comment! How rude!
There is so much to see and I wanted to take it all in again.

no spring chicken said...

I'm overwhelmed Sue. If I were your child I would HAVE to be there for Christmas (I say this realizing of course how completely selfish it sounds)... I can see the magic you create as such a beautiful part of Christmas tradition for your family, as is true of everything I've seen here. You don't do anything halfway do you? ;)

Enjoy YOUR Christmas too!

Blessings, Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I am visiting from Vee's blog and I wanted to tell you that the top of your tree is perfect!

Elena said...

Oh Sue all I can say is "Wow!" Your home is so beautiful and magical. I would love to be able to live close enough to bring Mary by. She would be in heaven. She is so in love with Christmas this year and I am just loving it, seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child:)

Patricia said...

Ohhhh wow!
Sue would you and Mr P adopt me - pleeeaaase, lol!!!
Your home truly shows your heart.. and yours is so very beautiful dear friend!
Your trees are all so wonderful - I absolutely love the little tree with the pearls and crotcheted snowflakes!
Your celebration of 'family' is always so inspiring!
Beautiful as usual..especially the pic of your sweet self!
What a glorious welcome for our dear infant-King.
Thanks for opening your door to us and sharing all the joy!
much love..Trish

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautifully decorated, I very much enjoyed my tour (via The Nester).
Merry Christmas.

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
I enjoyed all the photos of your decorations! Your home is decorated so beautifully! I especially love the tree with all the homemade decorations. What lovely memories you must have with that tree. :) I always enjoy visiting with you, and this was a treat!

Have a lovely weekend, my friend. :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh my...it is just so beautiful!! I can't imagine how long it takes to set up...do you have home tours, if not you really should. Hey I would pay to come in and see it.
Oh the bubble lights...we had them when I grew up and I so miss them!!

Just wonderful Sue..thanks for sharing, I might be back to just stroll through again...blessings to you and yours. Merry Christmas

Katherines Corner said...

Your home is beautiful a wonderful display of Christmas throughout. Happy Saturday. Hugs. P.S> please stop by Katherines Corner and add your lovely blog to my new blog list page ( if you haven't already) and don't forget to enter the Tis The Season Giveaway it ends tonight.

twinkietotmom said...

Beautiful! I love that every inch of your house seems to be decorated! Warm & cozy for sure! Merry Christmas!

Southern Lady said...

Your home is breathtaking, Sue ... and reflects your sweet spirit.

My sincerest wishes to you and your family for a Christmas as beautiful as your lovely Pear Tree Farm.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Sue, I missed this yesterday and oh my, your home looks like it is right out of a magazine! So beautiful, if you don't participate in Holiday Home Tours you should. I also love your villages on your buffet in your dining room. I wish we lived closer so I could come visit; you have such a gift of hospitality and I love coming here.
Hugs, Noreen