Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Farmhouse news and a personal note~

Written by Sue, Monday, October 13, 2014            Beautiful, warm, temps.80's

We are having such beautiful fall weather, I was out early this morning chasing butterflies, something I enjoy especially in the fall. I find so much solace in God's beautiful creations, just look at how the color of the butterflies blend with the lantana.

We planted a late garden of green beans, okra, turnips, collards, leaf lettuce, and for the first time arugula.

While in the garden I happen to check the green beans, I think they need picking, you think!


so I did..


After snapping the ends, I washed them, oh!so fresh, I am thinking at this point of how blessed I am to be able to grow these beans with no pesticides,and free fertilizer, (our sheep supplied that) and to know who and what handles them. The most amazing thing is it doesn't take a lot of space, raised beds work so well.

~Steps to canning green beans~
After snapping and rinsing, I fill hot sterilized jars with beans, add 1/2 tsp. salt, fill to neck of jar with very hot water.


 take the air bubbles out with the stick,


 wipe top of jars with clean, wet cloth


 place sterilized lids and caps on jars, and tighten, place in canner, process according to directions. I process mine on 10 lbs. pressure for 15 minutes.


 Here they are, it is so unusual for me to be canning beans in the fall, usually beans are canned in June, but the deer ate our first crop, so DH planted these, it took three hours from the time they were picked to sitting on my counter. I think that it a pretty good investment, don't you! yielded 18 pints!


I try and practice this rule... always start and end with a clean kitchen,whether I am cooking, baking or canning this makes the work go so much easier, and have found that when I didn't things took longer and I was easily frustrated. ~grin~ See the little pot, it's got beans in it, that's for dinner tonight.
A personal note....
The bravest person I have ever known,and my hero~
This photo was taken right after a drs. visit, she is so beautiful both inside and out, a source of strength
 for her family
This summer has brought many changes for us, some I can share, others I will wait. One reason I haven't been around in blogland lately is My dear sweet mother is experiencing a major health crisis, one that took not only her, but her family totally by surprise. She is the bravest person I have ever known, and is fighting this disease as she has with every trial in her life,with  grace, dignity, and her unwavering faith in God, Jehovah! The diagnosis.. Breast Cancer! I ask that you pray for her through this journey!
Much love to all my friends,
Sue
Proverbs 31~10~Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, sorry to hear this news about your dear mom. May God hold you all in his peace and care...

Vee said...

Yes, praying...

What bounty at your house! Enjoy those fresh, nutritious beans...

happyone said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I will certainly put her on my morning prayer list.

Growing season is about done here. We did get 25 pumpkins. : ) Next year I plan on having a bigger garden and will be planting beans. I'll have to look up this post if I get a good crop.

Everything always looks so neat and tidy inside and outside.

podso said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she does well. And beautiful produce at your house.

Debbie said...

Well Sue as you know I know first hand how hard it is to get that particular diagnose. And yet I can also say first hand how faithful God is and how He kept me in His perfect peace in spite of all that was going on. I will pray for this for your mom too as she goes through her journey. Such an abundance God has blessed you with over there. I love seeing your work all stocked up on your counter like that! Take care my friend and I'll remember your mom and all of you in my prayers! HUGS

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The green beans look wonderful! The shot of the butterflies among the flowers is beautiful. Gazing at such a scene always brings me a sense of peace, too.
I will be praying for your mother. Hugs,
Cheryl

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'll pray Sue!

Your beans look wonderful. I miss my raised beds. We've gone to a bigger garden space but it's not been working out so well. We have had a good batch of peppers and tomatoes.

Deanna

Doniene said...

I know that you have sent up your Supplications with much Thanksgiving - So I KNOW that God will guard you heart with complete peace that surpasses all understanding!

Blessings to you and yours my sweet friend!

Hugs all around!

Debbie said...

Sue. It was good to see your blog today and the fruits of your labor all lined up on your cabinet. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis, but thankful to know the strength of your family's love and faith in HIM. Will keep you all in prayer.
Deb

Cheryl said...

I will be praying for your mother! And I will pray for you too as you continue to "do the next thing..."

{{{hugs}}}

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Praying!! So so sorry.
Hugs and prayers from Benjamin and I both...I shared the butterflies with him. I know you see God's hand in His creation and may that bring His peace that passes all understanding.

Patsy said...

Life can sure throw us for a loop!
will add your mother and you to our prayer list. We have two cousins and a friend on the list with Alzheimer's and one with breast Cancer.
Your garden is beautiful.
God is so good

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Sue, I am so sorry about your Mom. It seems that Breast Cancer is rampant and it's not if but when we will all end up with it. So, so scary!

Your beans look like I could eat them off my computer screen. So pretty and yummy looking.

Blessings to you!

Happy@Home said...

The first time I visited your blog you had written a post about your mom and mentioned the good relationship she and your husband shared. I thought that was so sweet. Any time you have mentioned your mom I find her to be such an inspiring and pretty lady. I am sorry to hear that she is now dealing with breast cancer. I will be keeping her in my prayers.
Love your photo of the lantanas and the butterflies. We sure have been having a lovely fall here in NC. We got our fall flowers potted yesterday and put a few pumpkins on the steps. Now today we can relax and enjoy.

Elena said...

Dear Sue, I was so sad to hear the news of you mom's struggle with breast cancer and my heart and prayers go out to you.

Your garden is beautiful and I love seeing the canned green beans. We have enjoyed the produce from our little garden so much this year. God bless you dear one

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

So sorry to hear that- I used to not know anyone with breast cancer and now I hear of another almost weekly. Prayers sent for your mom to have a quick and easy therapy with as little distress as possible. Prayers for you, too!

Anonymous said...

Number 1 photo is breath taking.. your garden - wow..So in order and weed free - love that - you inspire me.. and the canning refresher - thanks tons.. by the way the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.. sweet friend!
Hugs

Praying for your sweet mother..

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your garden is beautiful! All of the canning that you have done is amazing. Prayers said for your Mom and for you.

Trish said...

Dearest Sue..I am keeping your beautiful mother in prayer and hoping things turn out okay for her. Sending you lots of love and blessings, my friend...Trish xx

Patsy said...

Thank you for the up date, you and mother are still on prayer list.

Lois Christensen said...

Sorry to hear about your mom and her diagnosis. My mother went through breast cancer a few years ago and is doing really well. I'll pray the same for your sweet mom. Enjoy the Thanksgiving season!

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Sue, I can't believe that I missed this a month ago. I'm praying right now for your mom and your entire family. I pray that Jehovah Rophe will touch your sweet mama with His healing hands.
I've missed you-please let me know how I can continue to pray. Sending warm winter hugs to you today.
Noreen

Missy said...

Dear Sue,
Praying for healing & strength for your sweet Mom and peace & grace for you. Our God who formed your mom in the womb holds her hand & loves her so much.
Missy