Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Hi! from me to you

Written by Sue, Tuesday, March 21, 2017     Sunny, 80's

After such a long absence how does one begin, again in Blogland, as is the case with me! If I were to update all that has been going on, the page would not hold it, nor your attention, some interesting things have happened, some not so! More about that later. One thing for sure life goes on. I learned a long time ago that life did not evolve around me, though I was a big part of life!~smile~



Soooo let's begin now...
Yesterday, Susan and I did some tweaking and Spring decorating around the farmhouse, our tastes are  similar, therefore it is easy and fun!
This was our first try at decorating the foyer, hmmm, not quite what we wanted

This was our second choice, I liked this better, but there still seems to be something not right! So we will let it rest for a few days!🎢🎢🌸🌺

Redoing the mantle was next, still not sure.. The sign on the hearth I put up for Valentines's Day, and had taken it down, but Susan liked it so much, saying "mother this is yours and daddy's story", so I put it back, it will stay for a little while, to be replaced as soon as I can find something else!😘❤️

Later on, DH and I met  Susan for lunch and then we all visited two nursing facilities! Very upscale, so nice, quiet, and very professional, we visited a dear lady in our church, who is 91 who had fallen and broken her hip, she is not doing well, after a short visit and prayer we were off to visit DH's aunt at a local facility! She is also 91 and doing quite well, and was so happy to see us, our visit was longer, with lots of hugs! We also visited  with other residents, there is such a need in nursing facilities, if you or your church have an opportunity to visit please do! Sadly, some folks have no family, and some are just forgotten,therefore they are very lonely!

The evening was so nice, the sun was shinning and had warmed up considerably (60's), I decided it was time for no more excuses for not walking, I will admit I have been so lax in exercising, which is a no no for me!  So off I went, 2.5 miles under my belt or should I say feet, and will admit, there were times when I didn't know if I was going to finish. ha ha

Afterward, We decided it would be a great time to have a fire outside in the fire pit,(haven't done this in a while). There is something about sitting by a fire that is so soothing, it causes one to do a lot of thinking and reflecting, the air was crisp, the sound was very quiet! Each of us spoke of how blessed we were to be able to enjoy special moments like this!

The rest of the evening was business as usual, bath, light dinner, and bedtime, and now that is history!
Until next time,
 Blessings,
Sue

P.S. I have just now realized why I don't post often, I have been working on this post for over two hours,when I should be outside painting, πŸ˜…πŸ˜œπŸ™ƒ we are going to have 80 degree temps. today!😎😎😎

14 comments:

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, I'm so happy to see your comment and this post! It takes me longer to post, too. Well, it takes me longer to do everything anymore. ha! Hope all is well with you and that you have a nice week! Looking forward to hearing more from you. Happy Spring! xo Cheryl

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear from you dear Sue! Love your Easter touches! It's good of you and DH to visit these elderly folk. Blessings!

Farm Girl said...

I am so happy to see your post! I have missed you and I am so glad that you gave a little update.
Everything looks very nice and ready for Easter.
Thank you so much for updating.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So good to see you back in blogland and love the cute Easter decorations. Glad you seem to be doing well. Abundant blessings!

Cheryl said...

So nice to see a new post from you, Sue!! I think you did it the right way too . . . just jump in and start chatting. It's too hard to try to catch up!

I love that you are taking the time to visit the sick and the lonely. I am sure that you brought lots of cheer!

(Thanks for your sweet comments at Thinking About Home. It is always good to hear from you!)

{{hugs}}

Dee said...

Enjoyed reading your blog and I'm so glad to hear you are getting better and better regarding your health. Your Easter decorations look beautiful. I worked in a Christian Retirement Community for about 20 years and interacting with Nursing residents always brightened my day. There are many people in nursing homes who have outlived all their families and no one comes to visit them. I'm sure you received as much joy from being with them as they did from your visit.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I did not notice at first that you had posted! I am not on my blog much anymore either. Soo glad to hear what you've been up to, and I am soo glad I found you on Instagram so I can hear and see more often what is happening at the farm. The Easter decorations are just adorable! But I especially loved hearing about your trip to the nursing homes. What a blessing I am sure that is for all you visit and show love to. Much love to you today~ HUGS!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I have missed you! And yes, I understand! I worked on my last post for two days... :O| It's hard to get to the computer sometimes, I'm just not as fast as I used to be.

Loved your foyer and your fireplace - they looked perfect to me!

I agree, nursing homes and care centers are most often forgotten places. I try to at least say a little something to most of the residents when I am there. Some don't even realize I'm speaking to them, but I know. You are a sweetheart.

I love a fire! I can't wait until it's warm enough to build one in my yard! Loved the pics!

Good to have you back!

Hugs,
Barb

Trish said...

Hi Sue!! How wonderful to see you again my friend. I'm just starting to get back into a bit of blogging too. Lots of things have happened in my life the last couple of years and blogging had to take a back seat. I love seeing what you're doing around the home again..your Spring hall looks so pretty! We are having grey rainy days here but we sure need the rain after our Summer heat. Hope you and Mr P are doing okay. Love and blessings..Trish xx

Vee said...

Oh I just loved catching up a little with you; although, I agree with Cheryl...too hard to completely catch up so just hopping in and having a chat works beautifully.

I am impressed with the walking. When the weather improves, I hope to follow your example. I probably would not be able to start off with 2.5 miles...that really is impressive. πŸƒ‍♀️

You and Susan did a wonderful job with the decorating. It must be fun for you to work together where your tastes are so similar.

And I think a fire outside to sit beside and enjoy with your Beloved is a lovely way to end a day.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Sue,
It was nice to see you post again.........
Isn't it so much fun to get to do decorating with your daughter. We so enjoy that too, as we have similar taste as well. Dee is a lil bit more minimalist that me, course, I am getting to like that look more....I think I use more
stuff just because I have collected and been given so many things over the years, and some of it has so much sentimental value so want to use it, more
for that reason sometimes.
I thought your 2nd foyer attempt looked perfect.....the first was good but
thought the lights sort of stole the show so to speak.

Sitting outside around a fire pit sounds awesome....can't even remember the last time I did something like that.........

Maybe you can just do a post once a week, I usually do one Tues. and Thurs.
and ocassionaly Sunday.........but if I feel pressed for time, I just do my
Thursday post.

Hope your vision continually improving hon. Have fun with your girl...

Love and Blessings,
Nellie

Christine said...

Yippee! You are back!
I saw a church sign that read,"Easter is the best day of the year".
Getting ready for that great day is always fun, especially when you have help from a daughter.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Sue, How good to see you back again-I'm having issues with Blogger, so decided to see what blogs were no longer there-and came across yours. I understand how difficult it must be without our vision. Praying the Lord touches your eyes and all that relays messages from the brain. Sending you Easter hugs dear friend.
Noreen

happyone said...

Nice seeing a post from you. I'm just getting back to blogging after a little break. (Only 2 weeks but it seems like forever.)
How wonderful to come across a doctor like that!! What a blessing.