Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

The calm before the storm,

Written by Sue, Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019  hot, humid, waiting for the storm, Dorian, 90's


Today we are finishing our preparation for hurricane Dorian,  while praying she will turn more eastward and go out to sea. Our state is still recovering from the past few hurricanes. Our thoughts and prayers are for those who have already experienced devastation.
This is the calm before the storm.

While waiting I piddle,  I love to piddle, it gives me a little unstructured time to do exactly as I wish, though I still make a to do list.Would you like to see what I do when I piddle?

I took some lavender I had been drying, pulled the buds off and placed them  in a jar with lavender oil, I am thinking maybe sachets.



We were given two large bunches of green bananas, from, SIL, once they had ripened,

 I sliced them, froze in a pan, then sealed in bags using my food-saver, one of the best machines ever.
They will be used for banana bread, smoothies or just snacks, frozen fruits make the best healthy snacks.


I cut some zinnia buds to dry for seed, even though they self seed in the garden, I decided not to take a chance.

I finished putting some small touches on my fall decorating, once the storm passes by I will begin decorating the outside.This is my little farmhouse village, I have had it for many years



 The living room was finished last week, I like that the lights and candles on the mantle and coffee table come on automatically, so if we are out at light, they greet us when we enter, it makes everything so warm and cozy.All we need now is some cooler weather so the fire can be lit.

 And this is how I piddle! Hope you are having a great, day for those in the path of Dorian, as we are, thoughts and prayers!

Love 
Sue

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would not call this piddling. More like ART! Your farmhouse village is a lovely welcoming light. So unusual and pretty. And your mantel, wow! It is just perfect, so beautiful. I love in front of the hearth, too. I put things out, but cannot call it actually decorating like you can do. Is the first photo your house? It is the perfect representation of the much beloved house with the white picket fence.

Sandi said...

Your zinnias are beautiful even all cut up!

Love the white lights. :)

Stay safe in the storm!

happyone said...

LOve the picture of your house!!!
Praying you will be safe from the storm.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness!
Your home is beautiful!!!
Prayers for safety, my dear friend!
Be cozy.

Pam said...

I have never froze bananas before but I did happen to see some frozen ones in the store the other day. I did not even know you could buy them. I had a fresh one in my smoothie this morning with a little protein mix and peanut butter. They are yummy. Thanks for sharing. I love the fall decor.

Pam said...

oops...meant to say before closing out the other comment that I hope you are all safe and sound. Stay safe.

Lorrie said...

I understand the need to piddle while waiting - I might call it puttering! Whatever the word, you used your time to create beautiful and delicious things. I pray that the storm will move out to sea.

Vee said...

You piddle; I putter. 😁 I imagine that staying busy helps when stresses are at play. Praying that Dorian moves right sooner rather than later. It has been incredible to watch over the past week plus.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your home looks so beautiful and ready for Fall. Great idea with the bananas. Praying for your safety.

Christine said...

I like to piddle, also. It's like doing something without taking all day or a lot of energy. Like picking off Lavender flowers!

Covering you and the whole East Coast with peace and prayers

Edna B said...

I call it puttering. You've been really busy. Your house is beautiful. I hope you stay well and safe until this horrid storm passes on out to sea. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Dianna said...

Your time was well spent. Your home looks lovely.

Mrs. White said...

You have such a beautiful, peaceful home!

Stay safe!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your home is just gorgeous, I adore that picket fence! I love to "piddle" too. I do get things accomplished, and it can be mindless moving, but it feels good, I love putting things up for winter too. I've just dehydrated some pears and nectarines, and plan on doing some apples and pears too. I picked my lavender earlier this year, and I need to get the seeds now that they've dried. I just love your mantle, and what a great idea to have it on a timer! It does seem so cozy and enjoyable to come to! Praying that the hurricane doesn't cause you any damage or troubles, and continuing in prayer for those who have been affected by it. Blessings and hugs :)

Theresa said...

Lots of good piddling! Sure would like to hear how you are after the storm has passed by. Have a blessed evening dear friend, prayers for all affected by the storm!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue!!!
I have the same Fall village!! I usually set it up on top of our TV Entertainment Center in the Living Room. I may try something different this year. I LOVE the photo of your house and that white picket fence is to die for , my friend!! Love your mantle too!! I did our porch this weekend so I will be sharing those photos soon....And I will be stating my Fall decorating this week....
I hope yo will show more of your sweet village in another post!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb