Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

A new playhouse for me

Written by Sue, April 18, 2017              rain, cool temps.great day for blogging!

Spring brings lots of work here on the farm, we always have a project list that seems to go on and on! Some projects take years to complete, such as this one, it was started in 2012, left to its own until this year! I am so pleased with the results! It was truly a labor of love, because Dh and I did it all by ourselves!
I have always wanted a green house, of my own,


I love to garden and being able to jump start my plants,since this photo, I have added more seeded plant trays! I planted seeds in the trays on the rack, on April 11, they were up in 4 days. and are really growing!

This is my storage area,has my tools of the trade, such as a place to  mark the labels, etc.

In a green/hot house you must have water available at all times,  we first went and spent well over one  hundred dollars, on a sink with a faucet, and had a plumber scheduled to install it, which would have been even more added expense, but he became ill and canceled, which turned out in our favor, why, because I didn't have peace about spending all that money, but my main reason was I wanted it to be as country or rustic as possible! I love the way this turned out, putting the tub under the faucet was my idea! ~grin~ Dh loved it too! Cutting that round hole was quit a feat, we have some trim to add, jut haven't gotten to it, because time was running out on getting my seed planted!

I found these dahlias, on sale at Lowes, for $1.00,  regular price was $4.98, I asked the lady why, she said they were dying,  do they look like they are dying! I smiled all the way to my green house!


Seeds planted, flowers and herbs, really growing, they will soon be planted!

I am tickled pink over my new "playhouse" just can't get enough of it!
 Even Wally and his ladies(Bea, and Rose) came by to see what was going on!


 DH built the G/H house so the sides and back can be removed when the temps. are high.

Easter Sunday was very quiet, and restful for us, church, lunch, visited with our third son and stopped by to see Mother, 

 and took her two sun ferns, she was so pleased! Her flower garden is so pretty, she is like the energy bunny always going!

That's all for today,
love and hugs from me,
Sue

16 comments:

Vee said...

What fun you are having and will continue to have! The greenhouse sounds as if it will be a savings and if you can extend the growing season all the better! Your mother looks so pretty in her green blouse and white pants...a very stylish lady!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, So blessed to see you here again. I was having issues with blogger for a week or two, so didn't get on much. I love your greenhouse and know your garden with be so prolific with all the plants. Your mom looks amazing and her yard is beautiful!
Sending love your way.
Noreen

happyone said...

Oh I love hour green house and I'd love to have one.
What a great idea to have the faucet over the tub.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I am loving your green house! I just know you will spend some productive, fun hours in there. I think the bucket was brilliant btw, lol! I have never been able to really grow a thing or keep much alive so I am sooo impressed by this. Your mom looks soo beautiful as always! And I love that she is able to still be so active. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Patsy said...

Just wonderful! Keep us up to date on all you grow.

Farm Girl said...

How nice Sue. I love your area. It looks so pretty and I am sure you will spend many happy hours out there.
I love when you share what you have been doing.

Cheryl said...

Wow!! Love your "playhouse" and I am imagining that you'll be doing a lot of "playing"! It looks so pretty already. I adore your sink! What a great idea!

I think we all want to be like your mother when we grow up! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Sue! What a wonderful project you two have worked on. It really looks nice and that sink idea is the bomb! Love it. Congrats on you great effort to get your playhouse up and ready. Your mom is an inspiration for sure. Blessings on all of you.

Christine said...

Your "Play House" is such a gift!
Your sink is in such a perfect spot. You can look out the windows onto your property. Well thought out and darling, also.

You have a beautiful mom.


Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Glad you had a nice quiet and restful Easter....

Love your new greenhouse, that is so neat..........that must be so much fun.
and what a great deal you got on those Dahlia's......the Lord had you in the right place
at the right time for sure.

Know you must be having a ball in your new play house. That is great that your hubby
can put the sides of it down when it is hot weather......You have lots and lots of fun
with it.........and we will all look forward to seeing all your pretty plants in the'
future.

Have a great rest of the week hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, I love your new greenhouse! And I'll confess to being just a wee bit envious...well, okay, a lot! :) I've always thought it would be nice to have one. Love your idea for a sink, too!
Your mother looks so pretty! She is amazing and looks so young.
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
xx Cheryl

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Sue! My it's nice to visit with you.
I love your new play area, you guys did a fantastic job even if it did take a number of years to complete.
The bucket for water is an excellent idea, Good for you!
What a deal on those flowers and you have them looking wonderful.
Your mother is a beautiful lady.

Blessings to you, dear lady~~

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Awe, Sue, how exciting for you. It's just so cute and I foresee many happy days spent in it by you. I LOVE the sink and think you made a wise decision. So good to stop by and visit.

Farming On Faith said...

Oh-my-stars!!! I love your greenhouse. I enjoyed catching up with you today.

Rose of Sharon said...

Your mamma is adorable! I love your greenhouse too. We are hoping to build one either this summer or next. I don't think it will be as large as yours though. It sure is pretty!

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Just wanted you to know how much I love your green house. Any tips on how to get seeds to grow in a GH? Have a wonderful evening.